What I Watched on TV in March

If there's one thing social distancing has been good for, it's for catching up on a lot of TV. Here's what I watched last month, and I imagine April will be full of shows as well.

The Outsider

Talk about going out with a fizzle. I still really liked this season but I was not impressed with the finale at all. The way the entire finale was shot made all the sets look so cheap and it was confusing for no apparent reason. Why did Holly say "Who's Terry?" When did she get scratched? wtf is going on?

Mcmillions


I loved the last episode of this where they talked about who the informant was. This was really interesting. HBO has been killing it with documentaries lately.

Better Call Saul

I'm getting so frustrated with Kim's story so far. She's one of my favorite characters and seeing her make these horrible decisions with her job and bringing Jimmy into it when you know that shit is going to backfire is just hard to watch. Then when she finally tries to stop it, and Jimmy shows his true colors, she proposes marriage....what?!?!

Who Killed Garrett Phillips?

This was another documentary I found on HBO about a 12 year old boy who was murdered in his own home and how the police focused on his mother's ex boyfriend, Nicholas Hillary. Why him? Because he was guilty of being black in a mostly white area. This was interesting because it's still asking that question. Who did kill him? Not Hillary, who we watch get completely rail roaded but still continue to fight his way through. They do slightly hint at another man possibly being responsible, but they didn't elaborate on it much. I had to fall down a reddit rabbit hole for that.

The Boys

I finished this at the beginning of the month, but now towards the end I'm struggling a bit to even recall parts of it. It was fine, but it's not something I'm dying for the second season.

Westworld

After last season was so underwhelming the first few episodes (minus that awful D&D cameo) have been really promising! Many questions haven't been answered yet, but they have my attention.

The Plot Against America

We're only a few episodes in on this one as well and honestly, it's like watching the 2016 election all over again. Horrifying. Great cast and production design, but horrifying.

Insecure

I finally got around to watching this show after putting it off for ages and it's so funny. It absolutely stresses me out about dating though. Is that what it's really like now? I love all the ups and downs Issa and Molly have though. Easily becoming one of the most interesting female friendships on TV.

The Dark Side of the Ring

I've been an on-off wrestling fan my entire life, and I had forgotten that Vice had this series to begin with. To kick off their second season, they went back to arguably the darkest time in professional wrestling history with the Chris Benoit murder/suicide. I thought it was very well done, they had interviews with Chavo and Vickie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, etc and they talked a lot about how Eddie Guerrero's death affected them. They even interviewed Benoit's son from a previous marriage (though they inexplicably pretend his daughter doesn't exist. Maybe that was her choice not to appear but it was so strange) I liked it enough to go back and try to find some of the earlier episodes from last season online. I watched the one about The Fabulous Moolah, who I've never been able to look at the same since hearing about those stories years ago. Hopefully I can find more.

Comments

  1. I've seen some of the new season of Westworld as I've been busy watching other things. I saw McMillion$ as it sucks that all of those winners never really won anything as it made me hate Uncle Jerry even more.

    I'm glad you watched Dark Side of the Ring as I've seen the first season last year which I liked a lot. The second season is fucking good as I'm still in shock over New Jack's antics. The next episode on Brawl For All is going to be hilarious. It was all because everyone wanted to beat up JBL who is a fucking asshole as he will never get over the fact that Joey Styles knocked him the fuck out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the New Jacks episode yet. I thought I had set up a series recording for it and I apparently didn't. I'll have to see if that one is on youtube.

      JBL is an asshole. His only interesting gimmick was when he was part of the Acolytes.

      Delete
  2. I had no idea the Dark of the Ring existed until I saw an ad on tv not too long ago. I hope to find it and check it out. Sounds like it might be an actual thorough series instead of cherrypicking things. I'm scared to ask about The Fabulous Moolah stories though. lol

    I really want to check out The Plot Against America and Insecure too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check it out. Both Benoit episode's are on Vice's youtube channel, and I found the Moolah episode on Daily Motion. I'm sure more of season one is out there. I know they did one on Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth too.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen any of these. What have I been watching????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to watch Breaking Bad someday. I've been hearing nothing but good things about that show and I can't watch Better off Saul until I watch Breaking Bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing show and definitely worth the time. I started it late as well. It was already on its 3rd season by the time I started watching.

      Delete
  5. I am excited to see Westworld and Better Call Saul! Seems like both have been hit and miss this season but still can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S3 of Westworld is definitely a step up from S2 so far, hopefully it keeps that trajectory. BCS is about the same. It's frustrating because I hate seeing Kim make such terrible decisions.

      Delete
  6. the way wEstworld is going they will be lucky to get that 4th season. 8 episodes this year and so far I'd say less than half of the 5 was good. The Outsider finale was just ridiculous lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Westworld gets a 4th season because I really like what they're doing now. I'm sure they could ruin it before the finale but as of *right now* I'm enjoying it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum