(as always, click those gifs to be redirected to their makers)
7) Kill off all the new characters introduced after season 5. Literally, there is not a single interesting one.
6) Get rid of Alcide. He doesn't necessarily have to die. Sookie can break up with him early on and he can leave for all I care. No character has overstayed their welcome quite like Alcide. Seriously, the only thing good about him is his torso.
5) At least be consistent with this "Vampire illness" that's going to be the main point of the season. Hep V, is they are calling it is apparently turned some vamps into savage beasts, yet it killed Nora within 24 hours last season. Explain why the sudden change.
4) Get off your Bill high horse, and for the love of God don't have him date Sookie again.
3) More Lafayette and Pam. They honestly have the best lines.
2) Rebuild the Merlotte's friendships. Mostly that of Tara/Sookie/Sam. Rebuild Pam and Eric's tight bond as well.
1) And finally, the most important. Have Eric end up with Sookie in the finale. He and Pam NEED to return. The book fans were denied this by Charlaine Harris. How about making it up to them by having the TV show end that way.