Series Review: Fallout


Back in the mid aughts, every gamer I knew played Fallout. It had a cool story and an amazing soundtrack. I didn't mind watching people play it. Now, Amazon Prime has made a series based on that game. Already renewed for a second season, the first 8 episodes are now available to stream.

The series takes place in a post-nuclear war U.S and we follow 3 different leads. There's Lucy (Ella Purnell) who has lived her life underground in a bunker. Maximus (Aaron Moten) part of "The Brotherhood" who lives on the surface. And The Ghoul (Walton Goggins) Also on the surface, whose story is best seen to understand. Even if you didn't play the game, the plot is easy to follow and everything is explained very well. There's also plenty of Easter Eggs for those that did play.

Goggins obviously is a veteran actor who is great at playing bad. Purnell I was only familiar with from another great series - Yellowjackets, and she makes for a great lead. Lucy is so naive and sweet. Moten, in my opinion has the hardest job to do because his character is written in a very uneven way. You want to like Maximus immediately but some of his decisions make that hard to do so. Still, Moten perseveres. 

I loved the mystery aspects of this story and I can't wait until season 2 to get even more answers. I highly recommend this if you have Amazon Prime. 

Comments

  1. This is Birgit. I’ve seen the promos for this and it looks a bit like Westworld. It reminds me of a western after nuclear war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very different from Westworld. There's maybe one setting that's a bit Western-ish, but tonally it's very different.

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to find time to watch this series as I've heard awesome things about it as I would like to check it out. Especially for its cast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum