DVD Review: Frozen

Adam Green has never been to a ski resort.


A bold statement you might say, but I'll get to that later. Frozen is a thriller about three college students who take a trip to a ski resort. Long time best friends, Joe, (Shawn Ashmore) Dan (Kevin Zegers) and Dan's tag along girlfriend Parker (Emma Bell) didn't get lift tickets so they bribe an employee to let them on. Eventually that employee gets distracted and the trio end up left on the lift over night to freeze to death. The ski resort won't be open again for a few days and of course they don't ski with their cell phones. (Because, what's the purpose of a mobile phone, right?)

I'm sure director Green has actually been to a ski resort, hell I would hope he at least researched it. It's just a little hard to tell. I was expecting the film to be a bit more believable. It's hard for me to believe that the employees would shut the lifts off and NOT check them. It's hard for me to believe that they would be suspended more than 50 ft in the air when the average lift is 20-30 feet. It's even harder for me to believe the wolves roam the resort and know to watch said lifts for a potential meal. I was expecting to see a good, psychological thriller, but the characters are beyond stupid and impossible to relate with. I understand the "there wouldn't be a movie if they did this.. etc" argument, but I wanted more from this film. The acting was bad, and the dialogue was worse. The sitting on the edge of your seat moments were few and far between.

I give the film makers props for not using CGI wolves, I can appreciate that.

Recommended: No

Grade: D

Memorable Quote: "Maybe if we hadn't spent all day on the bunny hill watching you fall on your ass.." - Joe (Shawn Ashmore)

Comments

  1. darn. i enjoyed this, though i realize it's not great and probably lacks some realistic elements (as you pointed out).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum