Tuesday Trailer Breakdown: 50/50



What might work: Joseph Gordon-Levitt of course. You could call me incredibly bias but hey, it's my blog isn't it? I love me some JGL. In all honesty, he's one of the best actors out there and he proved that by carrying the anti-romantic comedy (500) Days of Summer last year. There's no doubt he'll be fantastic in this.

Seth Rogan is hilarious when given the right material. I think Rogan will benefit from having a fantastic actor like JGL to bounce off of.

It's rated R. R-rated comedies are not stuck with same boundaries that PG13 ones are. This one looks like it could deliver a lot of laughs and a lot of heart.

What might not: Weak supporting cast. I don't have a ton of faith in Anna Kendrick or Bryce Dallas Howard, but hopefully the movie will focus mostly on Rogan and Gordon-Levitt's character.

Marketing: It's hard to market a movie about the main character suffering from cancer. It could turn a lot of people off, they may want a laugh and will expect a downer.

When to see it: Opening weekend for me, as it should be for any JGL fan.

Random Thought: I loved Anna Kendrick in Up in the Air, but have yet to love her in anything else.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the weak supporting cast, but I don't think they'll have much screen time, if compared to JGL and Rogen's. I also agree on the fact that few people would like to see the story about cancer. Oh, it's so hard to disagree with you actually!

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this sentence you should probably leave a comment.