Review: Happythankyoumoreplease

No, thank you. Keep it.

Forgetting to use the space bar when naming your film grabs my attention, but poor performances from your lead actor and a weak script are certainly not going to keep it.


The film centers around Sam, (Josh Radnor) a struggling writer living in New York City. He finds a child alone on the subway and attempts to take him to the police station. The kid won't go, so Sam decides to let him tag along. Through Sam we meet his other friends. Mississippi, (Kate Mara) a bartender/cabaret singer that Sam starts to date. His best friend, Annie (Malin Akerman) who's looking for men in all the wrong places when a perfectly good suitor is practically begging for her attention. Then there's Mary Catherine (Zoe Kazan) and Charlie (Pablo Schreiber) who disagree about moving to Los Angeles and starting a new life there.

The only thing I've seen Radnor in prior to this is How I Met Your Mother. It's hard to judge what kind of a performer he is because his co-stars are constantly stealing all the scenes. Now I understand why. Radnor is a poor lead and had absolutely no likable qualities at all. He also wrote and directed this film, I think all that responsibility made his performance seem lazy. He should've casted someone else in that role. The supporting cast do what they can with the weak script given to them. Zoe Kazan stood out to me the most, she gave a great performance. Mary Catherine and Charlie's story was the most interesting to me and felt real.

Recommended: No

Grade: C

Memorable Quote: "Then after I say thank you, I should say more please." - Annie (Malin Akerman)

Comments

  1. Sad to hear this isn't great. Read about it a little earlier in the year (possibly when it showed at Sundance?) but seems to have disappeared off the radar since then. Perhaps one for the festivals only?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bit disappointed after reading your review about the movie I am expecting it to be good watch. I agree that Radnor poor performance and weak script is the reason of the failure of this movie. It lacks in every aspect of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum