2012 SAG Award Nominations

My 2 cents are in green as always.

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
DEMIÁN BICHIR / A BETTER LIFE
GEORGE CLOONEY / THE DESCENDANTS
LEONARDO DiCAPRIO / J. EDGAR
JEAN DUJARDIN /THE ARTIST
BRAD PITT /MONEYBALL
I'm surprised Michael Fassebender isn't in here for Shame. Or Ryan Gosling for Drive. I'm a bit disappointed Joseph Gordon-Levitt didn't get in there for 50/50. I think he'll have a better chance of a nom at the Globes. I find Pitt's nomination sort of amusing, he was great in Moneyball, but this was hardly his most difficult role.

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
GLENN CLOSE /ALBERT NOBBS
VIOLA DAVIS /THE HELP
MERYL STREEP /THE IRON LADY
TILDA SWINTON /WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN
MICHELLE WILLIAMS /MY WEEK WITH MARILYN
Does it seem like Meryl Streep gets nominated just for being herself? I think Elizabeth Olsen deserved to be here for Martha Marcy May Marlene. She should have Streep's spot. I haven't seen Swinton's performance, but I'm dying too. I expect Glenn Close takes it, her part seems the trickiest. No Kirsten Dunst for Melancholia, The movie really ruined it for her, her performance was great.

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
KENNETH BRANAGH / MY WEEK WITH MARILYN
ARMIE HAMMER /J. EDGAR
JONAH HILL /MONEYBALL
NICK NOLTE /WARRIOR
CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER /BEGINNERS
Jonah Hill doesn't belong here in my opinion. He wasn't spectacular in Moneyball, he just was playing a different character for once. I guess this is positive encouragement?

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
BÉRÉNICE BEJO /THE ARTIST
JESSICA CHASTAIN /THE HELP
MELISSA McCARTHY /BRIDESMAIDS
JANET McTEER /ALBERT NOBBS
OCTAVIA SPENCER /THE HELP
Love that Spencer and Chastain are here! Melissa McCarthy for Bridesmaids? She had some great lines but that movie is vastly overrated.

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
THE ARTIST
BRIDESMAIDS
THE DESCENDANTS
THE HELP
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS
The Help deserves this in my opinion. Again, I think Bridesmaids is overrated and it doesn't feel like it belongs here. I thought the cast of 50/50 was great. Why not them? Or Martha Marcy May Marlene? or Drive?

PRIMETIME TELEVISION

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries
LAURENCE FISHBURNE /THURGOOD
PAUL GIAMATTI /TOO BIG TO FAIL
GREG KINNEAR /THE KENNEDYS
GUY PEARCE /MILDRED PIERCE
JAMES WOODS/TOO BIG TO FAIL
Mildred Pierce will take it home.

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries
DIANE LANE /CINEMA VERITE
MAGGIE SMITH /DOWNTON ABBEY
EMILY WATSON /APPROPRIATE ADULT
BETTY WHITE /HALLMARK HALL OF FAME: THE LOST VALENTINE
KATE WINSLET /MILDRED PIERCE
Again, Mildred Pierce will take it home.

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
PATRICK J. ADAMS /SUITS
STEVE BUSCEMI /BOARDWALK EMPIRE
KYLE CHANDLER /FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
BRYAN CRANSTON /BREAKING BAD
MICHAEL C. HALL /DEXTER
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Bryan Cranston is in here. Nobody deserves his award more. Nobody.

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
KATHY BATES /HARRY’S LAW
GLENN CLOSE /DAMAGES
JESSICA LANGE /AMERICAN HORROR STORY
JULIANNA MARGULIES /THE GOOD WIFE
KYRA SEDGWICK / THE CLOSER
That's kind of cool that American Horror Story got in here, I don't watch the show, but I always applaud when a Freshman show snags it's first big nomination.

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series
ALEC BALDWIN /30 ROCK
TY BURRELL MODERN FAMILY
STEVE CARELL / THE OFFICE
JON CRYER /TWO AND A HALF MEN
ERIC STONESTREET MODERN FAMILY
Apparently the Critic's love Jim Parson's in The Big Bang Theory but not his peers? He's snubbed every year. Normally I'd assume Alec Baldwin will take it for the 5th or 6th time in a row, but after this whole Airplane business I'm not so sure anymore.

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series
JULIE BOWEN / MODERN FAMILY
EDIE FALCO / NURSE JACKIE
TINA FEY /30 ROCK
SOFIA VERGARA /MODERN FAMILY
BETTY WHITE /HOT IN CLEVELAND
I'm sick of Betty White. Plain and simple.

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
BOARDWALK EMPIRE
BREAKING BAD
DEXTER
GAME OF THRONES
THE GOOD WIFE
Again, LOVE that Breaking Bad is in here. I hope it wins, it deserves it. On a side note I love that Boardwalk Empire included the child actors in the cast nomination. That's really sweet.

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
30 ROCK
THE BIG BANG THEORY
GLEE
MODERN FAMILY
THE OFFICE
So happy The Big Bang Theory is in here! I know a lot of people hate it, but I'm not one of them. I expect Modern Family to win, but I'd love TBBT to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum