Here's a few things I hope will be announced during tomorrow's nominations. Some may seem a little far fetched, but that's the point of a wish list.
1) Elizabeth Olsen for Best Actress. She blew me away in Martha Marcy May Marlene, why not include her? An up and coming actress that broke out in a Sundance favorite? Why not?
2) Leave Bridesmaids out. No supporting actress, no screenplay, and please no Best Picture! It didn't deserve it.
3) 50/50 deserves an original screenplay nomination. It was one of the most unique pictures this year.
4) Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Best Actor? Yeah..I know this probably won't happen, but I loved him in 50/50 and Best Actor isn't as stacked as it was last year. In my mind, there's only three "for sure" performances, Clooney, Pitt, and Dujardin. Possibly Michael Fassbender for the 4th. Who does that leave for the 5th? Go with Gordon-Levitt, 50/50 got better reviews than J. Edgar and I know you won't nominate Michael Shannon for Take Shelter (even though he probably really deserves it.)
5) No animated films in the best picture race, please. They have their own category.
6) Go easy on the Ides of March. It had a great cast, but it was NOT a great film. Give your love to Drive.
7) Be kind to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. I'm not asking for a best picture nomination (though that would be awesome) let it clean house on the technical side. God knows it did a fantastic job all around.
8) Viggo Mortensen for best supporting actor. Just because he's Viggo fucking Mortensen.