What I Watched on TV in April

After a brief flirtation with Spring, we're back to being winter here in the upper Midwest so that meant for more time indoors. Here's what I watched on the small scene last month.


The Dropout -
I finished up this limited series. I was hoping the final episode would go a little bit more into her trial, but I suppose they completed filming before all of that happened. Overall, this was a lot better than I expected, and I'm glad I watched it.



Tokyo Vice -
If there's a show that caught me by surprise, it's HBO Max's Tokyo Vice. I kept getting ads for it on youtube. Ansel Elgort gave me pause, because I really don't care for him as an actor, but I'm glad I gave this a shot because I really liked it. I hope it gets a second season because the finale left a LOT of cliffhangers. It was also the weakest episode because of course one of our main characters had to do a Very Dumb Thing™ to add drama. That was my biggest complaint.


Moon Knight -
I think I'm in the minority that prefers Steven to Mark. Isaac's English accent is just so pure. This has been okay. If Oscar Isaac wasn't in it, I don't think I'd be enjoying it that much. The finale was wildly underwhelming.


Atlanta -
This season has been so weird and disjointed. I haven't disliked anything, but it's just...strange. 


Not So Pretty -
This was a documentary on the beauty industry, and what caught my attention was the 4th episode on hair because it talked about the Deva Curl scandal. I have naturally wavy/curly hair, and I used Deva Curl instead it started making my hair frizz up. I stopped thinking it was protein overload, then all the other people having issues with Deva came out. I got lucky. They're a trash company that never took responsibility for what happened and if anything, I wish the episode would've went harder on them. They could make an entire feature length documentary on this. 


Hacks -
Late last year, I watched the first two episodes of this and never went back to finish. So I started completely over and binged the entire season. This is so funny, and season two is right around the corner!

Comments

  1. I have so much television to catch up on. So. Damn. Much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you didn't get into Moon Knight as I think I liked the show a hell of a lot more than you did. I do hope Oscar Isaac gets that Emmy as does Ethan Hawke and May Calamawy who completely killed it in the season finale. I totally want to see both Tokyo Vice (mainly because of Michael Mann who directed the first episode) and The Dropout (I saw that awful dance Amanda Seyfried did and I died laughing my ass off). I really want both HBO Max and Hulu as my mom and I are trying to figure out what to do to get rid of cable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Moon Knight, but I don't see it as something I'm going to watch again any time soon. For us with no cable, we keep HBO, Netflix, Disney and Prime all year round (Prime mostly because we use Amazon a lot more after the pandemic. Before Prime was one I started/stopped quite a bit) and then with Hulu, Peacock, Apple TV and Crunchy Roll we cancel and resubscribe as needed. We also use Netflix's DVD service to rent movies since my city no longer has a video rental store anywhere aside from a Redbox.

      Delete
  3. Hey I'm glad you're enjoying Tokyo Vice too! I've only halfway through the season but enjoying it so far. I wasn't sure about Ansel either because of the same reason, but I actually think he's good here and am impressed he actually learned Japanese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm glad you're enjoying Tokyo Vice too! I've only halfway through the season but enjoying it so far. I wasn't sure about Ansel either because of the same reason, but I actually think he's good here and am impressed he actually learned Japanese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I think that's the best I've ever seen him.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum