Thursday Movie Picks - TV Edition: 2022 Freshman Series

Our first TV theme from Wandering Through The Shelves of the year asks us to look back at 2022's Freshman line up. There's a couple 2022 shows that I haven't gotten to yet, Abbott Elementary and Severance which I have a feeling I'll enjoy, but here's a few that I did love. 


1) The Bear -
This gem on FX/Hulu about a man taking over his late brother's sandwich shop is not only a great watch, but will make you very hungry while watching it. If you've ever worked in a restaurant, the familiarity will be amusing. I'm excited for season 2. 


2) Andor -
The Star Wars TV shows have been knocking it out of the park lately, but Andor was a huge surprise. I had the lowest expectations for this one and it ended up surpassing those by a long shot. 


3) Obi Wan Kenobi -
This is technically a mini series but I thought it was a nice way to wrap up Obi Wan and Anakin's story. I think Star Wars is at its best when it moves away from the Skywalker Saga, but I appreciate the chance for Hayden Christensen to be a badass Vader and for the fandom to embrace him again.

Comments

  1. I can't keep.up qith all the Star Wars stuff. I almost think that anything with Andy Serkis will be good bet. Why is that sandwich shop tv show called The Bear? I was expecting it was about a bear:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it's a play on the main character's last name. Andy Serkis is amazing and I wasn't expecting him to be in Andor, he shows up half way through and has the best plotline of the season. Loved him.

      Delete
  2. I've seen none of these but I like the sound of the first.

    I watch so little that's new since I seem to be the kiss of death for most starter shows. I get into the habit of watching and they almost invariably get canned. I am however watching "The Rookie-Feds" since it's a companion to the Nathan Fillion "The Rookie" which is one of the few shows that I've watched since it started. I also have been trying to keep up with the new Marcia Gay Harden show "So Help Me Todd" which I really like but it's schedule is inconsistent so who knows if it will last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We share a pick with Andor which is fucking great. I love that show and Obi-Wan as it's good to be a Star Wars fan again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Glad TROS's bad taste it left in my mouth is being rinsed away.

      Delete
    2. That is the one film I haven't bothered revisiting and I don't think I want to revisit it as I was just so... underwhelmed by it.

      Delete
  4. I've seen like the first two episode of The Bear...didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Obi-Wan but I freakin' LOVE Andor!! It's a slow burn series that just got better and better and Serkis is incredible, I'm hoping he gets some Emmy love come award season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He better. He's criminally under nominated for things.

      Delete
  6. I really want to watch Bear. Although all your picks are on my to-watch list, I think that's the one I'm most excited about

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum