What I Watched on TV in October

Boy, was I slacking on the small screen this month. It didn't feel like it, but I barely watched anything. I didn't even crank out a true crime documentary to listen to while I work. Thankfully I binged one really good mini series to make up for it. 



Loki -
Poor Sylvie has such a tragic hair cut this season. I'm not really sure how I feel about season 2. It's not boring, though it's not exactly moving at a brisk pace either. Kang is a major focus and considering Johnathan Majors is out there blowing up his own career, I just feel a little weird watching him. The device the TBA uses to torture and kill people though? Horrifying. 


The Fall of the House of Usher -
Mike Flanagan's newest offering in horror anthologies on Netflix. I never did watch The Midnight Club and I still probably won't, but I did enjoy his other three. This one is easily my favorite. It was so gripping and twisted. Bruce Greenwood and Carla Gugino absolutely killed it. I could've finished this all in one sitting if I had the time. There's a lot of forced jump scares, but a few of them got me. Henry Thomas, bless his heart just cannot act. His character is the absolute worst, so that helps distract from his limitations thankfully.


Comments

  1. It’s Birgit….I am going to post what I watched in October. I want to see Loki even though the reviews are not great. I’d like to see the second film because it’s like a Trilogy of sorts. The director likes to Create a miniseries based on famous books and movies but extends them, he also uses many of the same people..like poor Henry Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any reviews of Loki. I think he weaved Poe's work very well into this last one. Easily his best.

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying the 2nd season of Loki though I'm still not a fan of the mullet. Very few people could pull off the mullet. I do like the comradery between Loki and Mobius while I also like that Casey and Hunter B-15 are given more to and O.B. is a great new character. That torture device is horrible. Loki to his credit at least uses the torture machine to scare Brad and get what he wants but Renslayer, Miss Minutes, and Brad.... oh they're horrible. Hunter B-15 needs to be the one to take down Renslayer and become the new boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I like that Casey and B15 have more to do as well. I would love B15 to be the boss as well...I just need someone to take down Brad. What a chode.

      Delete

  3. I Thought I left a message. I want to see both of these..one day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum