I think this might be the earliest I've gotten my Top 10 list out. There's a few "big" films I haven't seen yet. Carol, Straight Outta Compton, Bridge of Spies, Tangerine and essentially any foreign film released this year. Here are my top 10 favorite films for 2015, in no particular order.
*Yes, I know, people hated Age of Ultron. Even with two major complaints, I still enjoy watching it. Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it, and thou shalt see that it is barren*
Honorable Mention: End of the Tour, Steve Jobs, The Walk, Black Mass, Ant-Man, Truth, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Mad Max: Fury Road, 99 Homes, Love & Mercy, Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl, Phoenix.
1) Stockholm, Pennsylvania - For letting a fascinating premise implode in the 2nd act, and wasting the talent of the amazing Saoirse Ronan.
2) The Salvation - Too rapey and too boring.
3) Jurassic World - They failed to master "subtle homage" and cast the most annoying child actor on Earth.
4) The Falling - So messy and stupid.
5) Far From the Madding Crowd - I wanted to slap this woman.
Most Disappointing Films (That Didn't Land in The Bottom 5)
1) A Most Violent Year
2) Inside Out
4) Diary of a Teenage Girl
5) The Hateful Eight