Rambling TV: What I watched in April

Veep

This show continues to be one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen. Everything they are doing this season, particularly with Jonah marrying his former step sister is just comedy gold. I'm happy to see so many guest actors like Hugh Laurie return as well.

Game of Thrones

The final season is here! We're three episodes in and have three left of the entire series. It's been somewhat surprising so far. I've like all three episodes that have aired, but 802 was truly masterful in its character moments. I've rewatched that one alone at least 5 times. I can't wait to see where the rest of this goes. 

The Disappearance of Madeline McCann

Netflix usually has some of the most interesting true crime docs I've ever seen but this one was incredibly boring. Nothing new is revealed and you can spend less time reading it online. Huge bust for me. 

Fosse/Verdon

I was so excited for this because it's Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams and while it's fine, the way they chose to tell the story brings it down so much in quality. They constantly jump all over in the time line and the camera work doesn't focus on the dancing nearly as much as it should. I'll finish this, but I wanted more. 


Comments

  1. Damn it, I wished Fosse/Verdon was a better one, I waited for it a bit but then forgot about it. I'm not a huge Williams fan either so I'm not really excited to see it just because of Sam either. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Williams isn't that great in it and I normally love everything she's in. Maybe this is still residual badness rolling over from Venom.

      Delete
  2. oh man If I had to sit through one of the new GoT episode more than once I'd just die :D I heard Fosse/Verdon is not the best which is a shame :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't and it should've been. It's disappointing.

      Delete
  3. I liked watching Thrones 360 💛💜❤️💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you gonna wish Anthony HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the 8th?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see GOT, and I've woken up every Monday morning to see it so I don't get spoiled (it airs around 4am in my country), but somewhere along the way I got the feeling that they are playing safe this season, like they are putting up what we want to see. So that means the finale will be predictable, too. In this case, I expect Dany or Jon to be on the throne.

    Also, cool that you're seeing Fosse/Verdon, I plan on watching it, too, after all episodes air, so I can binge it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to catch up on it now, I'm a few episodes behind.

      Delete
  6. Totally agree with you on the Madeleine McCann doc...what a snooze fest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So disappointing too, you'd think it wouldn't be hard to make that compelling.

      Delete
  7. I still have yet to see one episode of Game of Thrones...I know, Sacrilege! I did laugh about the Starbuck coffee cup left in the scene. I haven't seen any of the others but so want to see Fosse but sad that they don't centre a bit more on his famous dance style. They probably showcase his assholeness more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veep is so f--king relentless, I almost can't handle it. Everyone is so f--king mean, it's AMAZING. I sometimes don't even know how the actors can say their lines without cringing or cracking up. I love it.

    Ooohh...that one with Rockwell? My wife tried to get me in on that shit. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice reviews! I've tried to get behind Fosse/Verdon, but the camera work is pretty horrible and really distracts from the story. I was confused by the timeline in a few episodes too because it jumps around a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why they chose to tell their story this way, it's really quite awful.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum