Review: The Cloned Tyrone


Fontaine (John Boyega) is a drug dealer trying to go about his day when he's gunned down in front of pimp Slick Charles' (Jamie Foxx) house, yet wakes up fine the next day. The two of them, along with Yo-Yo (Teyonah Parris) stumble upon a massive government conspiracy when searching for answers. 

On the surface, this is a very silly caper with an unlikely trio of protagonists. It's obviously much deeper than that, but I'm going to avoid spoilers here. Even though you'll probably arrive at the "why" conclusion before our leads do, it's still better to know less going in.

John Boyega has to play it so straight in this film that I almost felt bad for him, because Foxx and Parris are having a hell of a good time. They are absolutely hilarious in this and their chemistry with one another is fantastic. Boyega is stoic as Fontaine who is going through a lot to say the least.

There's definitely some plot holes here in there that get a little hard to ignore after watching, but They Cloned Tyrone is smart and fun and is easily accessible on Netflix. It's definitely worth the watch.

Grade: B-

Comments

  1. I do want to see this just for the premise and cast alone though I'm not sure if I will still have Netflix due to the whole password sharing bit as the only reason my mom and I have it is because of my sister. Yet we are in the process of getting rid of cable... for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cutting cable was a lot easier than it seems! I thought I would struggle with it, but I've basically found a way to watch everything. Sports is the tough part.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum