What I Watched on TV in July

July was a very underwhelming month of TV for me. It got better towards the end, but I don't have a lot to talk about this month. Here's what I was watching on the small screen.


Secret Invasion -
I watched one episode of this, forgot about it the next, then just continued to put it off. I didn't care for how the first episode ended and it sounds like it doesn't get better. I may download it and watch it on my next plane ride if nothing better comes up, but I don't have high hopes for now.


The Clearing -
This ended exactly how I thought it would. Overall, this show as fine. Drags a bit hear and there but makes for a good binge watch even with its faults. 


Betrayal: The Perfect Husband -
I binged this all in and one and MAN this guy is a trash fire. Crime docs are easy for me to get through so if you're not into those, this may not be for you. But if you are, this is on Hulu.


What We Do in the Shadows -
Now THIS saved July for me. Only the first few episodes are available as of this writing but I love this show and I'm so happy it's back. Guillermo's slow transformation is sending me.  

Comments

  1. I so want to see the last one. I keep trying to find it o cable but..nope. I still have to post what I watched. I love true crime so that perfect husband sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on FX - I think on Friday nights? That's when it shows up on Hulu anyways.

      Delete
  2. I really want to see What We Do in the Shadows the series as I've seen a few clips including the one with the meeting of the vampires that included Blade, Paul Reubens, and ERW that his hilarious. I want to watch it as a whole but I don't have F/X anymore as I hope to have Hulu soon.

    As for Secret Invasion, there's some good moments but also some terrible writing including a lame villain that ended up being stupider than I thought. Olivia Colman is the reason to watch the series as she just owns everyone. I think Marvel needs to take a step back or 2 and really do things a little slowly in order to get things right. This and Quantumania are examples of what not to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd love What We Do in the Shadows, it's so funny. Yeah, Marvel was always going to have a rough time post-Endgame, but they started so strong with Wandavision and have been really inconsistent since. They're lucky Wakanda Forever was so good, that earned them a lot of goodwill. I'm sure Loki season 2 will be good TV as well. They're hurting in that department. (Even though She-Hulk was fun, I wouldn't put it at Wandavision or Loki's level)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum