Indie Gems: Mr. Nobody

Do you remember?

It's the year 2092. Nemo Nobody (Jared Leto) is the last living mortal. At 118, he's become somewhat of a celebrity - Truman show style. He tries to answer questions about his life to a reporter, but instead, we're given several different outcomes of how Nemo's life was/could've been.

Now that Dallas Buyers Club reminded us that Jared Leto could act again, it's nice to look back on something he did awhile ago. Leto gives a great performance, as does Juno Temple, another favorite of mine. 

Movies with a dreamy narrative like this can get risky. They might not make sense to some, come off as pretentious to others, but this one is neither of those things. It's beautifully crafted and easy to follow. Then there's the score/music selection. It's wonderful. I'm actually letting the DVD menu roll as I write this because I just love listening to it that much.

Grade: B

Memorable Quote: "We are NOT brother and sister." - Anna - age 15 (Juno Temple)

Comments

  1. I've been debating on whether or not I wanted to see this film for over a year now. I'll definitely be watching it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's very beautiful. (and weird in a good way)

      Delete
  2. i keep hearing about this juno temple, yet i don't think i recognize her. i always thought jared was underrated. he was magnificent in dallas buyers club and i'm glad to hear mr. nobody was pretty decent. i should finally check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would probably recognize her from Atonement (She was the cousin that got attacked at the beginning of the film) or Note on a Scandal, where she's Cate Blanchett's daughter. I adore her. She's been in so many great films (Killer Joe, The Brass Teapot, Dirty Girl, Afternoon Delight)

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked it! I saw this movie a while back and loved it so much - it reminded me of Vanilla Sky a bit with this whole bit of romance and sci-fi blending together.I wasn't very impressed with Leto in this but the visuals and the story were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminded me of a Malik film in a way, only more interesting and I didn't want to throw something at the screen like I did Tree of Life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum