Series Review: Hacks Season 3


I'll admit I didn't love season 2 of Hacks. So much so that I got a very late start on season three. Really, what propelled me was the conversation around the Emmys and how this was going to be a thorn in The Bear's side. So ahead of the ceremony, I started it. Onto my likes, dislikes, and things to look forward to.

LIKES
* Holy shit, this was hilarious. This got right back to season one levels for me. Deborah is still majorly insufferable but I cannot help but love watching her. She's such a dick.
* This was absolutely Ava's season and I'm fully convinced the only reason Hannah Einbinder didn't win an Emmy for the final episode is because people are boycotting her being in the supporting category. (As they should, she's co-lead)
* J Cameron Smith is always a blessing
* Christina Hendrick's cameo. God, she's so beautiful. Her character was hilarious and awful. 
* What a c*nt!!

DISLIKES
* Far too much Kayla. That was a character that should've been written off when Jimmy changed jobs. They had a change to write her off again, but decided to do a take on the cliche airport rom com thing. If you're not Crazy Rich Asians, please leave these plots at the gate.
* I'm sorry, WHAT are you trying to do with Marcus? He better not be going anywhere!

WHAT'S NEXT
* I'm really looking forward to the talk show angle, I think this could be great for them. I want them to succeed at it.
* Ava's blackmail is hilarious. A great moment in the finale and it has potential for so much more next season.

Needless to say, I won't wait on season 4. I will be watching that on day one. Did you watch season 3 of Hacks? What did you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum

Indie Gems: Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

Please join me in my Favorite Movie Titles Blogathon!