Indie Gems: A Coffee in Berlin

That's the Colombian.

Niko (Tom Schilling) is a former law student that's still trying to figure everything, including himself out. On a simple quest to get coffee in Berlin, he wanders through the city meeting various people.

I had never heard of this movie before it showed up as a "recommended" film for me on Netflix. I read around, a lot of people compared it to Frances Ha. Which I can somewhat get. It's shot in black and white and features a semi-aimless college student, but that's really where the similarities end. 

Niko is a very interesting character, and he shines even more with the relatively simple plot. Berlin is a gorgeous city, even in black and white. Schilling is a very intriguing actor, I hope to see him in more things.

Grade: A-

Memorable Quote: "I want to know what happens to him." - Niko (Tom Schilling)

Comments

  1. Hmmm, this sounds like something I'd want to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I does feel like a Fisti movie. lol It's very simple, but I just loved it.

      Delete
  2. I did like Schilling, but I'm not a fan of this aimless college grad films. they kinda bore me. i did like the way the film was shot tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love character-driven stories. :-) I may check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I liked this one a lot. Glad you did too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum