Weird Horror Wednesday: Troll

Rupert Pupkin has been posting many other film fan's favorite underrated horror movies. Some of the titles brought me back to a time when I was around 13-14 and my friends and I would rent crappy horror VHS tapes from the video store. There are 5 Wednesdays this October, and every Wednesday I'm going to post musings on a different horror movie. These are by no means great movies, in fact, all of them are pretty terrible, but they stick with me for one reason or another.


*Most people talk about Troll 2 as being one of the worst movies they've ever seen. I've actually never seen Troll 2. (Though I did see the documentary Best Worst Movie) I always remember the original.

*Whenever I see a Hardees, I just keep thinking of this little girl running around screaming "WORKS BURGER!!!"

*The lead character's name is Harry Potter, how fucking perfect is that?

*Wendy Anne apparently only owned overalls.

*Julia Louise Dreyfus is in this, and she is only wearing a plant. That's pretty funny.

*I actually taped this movie when it came on TV once, and labeled it A Troll In Central Park after that stupid cartoon so my parents wouldn't know I taped it. That was all for nothing because when they did find out, they didn't even give a shit.

Have you seen Troll? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Other than clips of horrible acting (the infamous "oh, my god!!!" scene.... horrible in a good, entertaining way) of Troll 2 on Youtube, I haven't seen any of the movies but I'm planning to view them in reverse order: Best Worst Movie - Troll 2 - Troll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best Worst Movie is actually kind of depressing when you see where some of the actors are now.

      Delete

If you're reading this sentence you should probably leave a comment.