Weird Horror Wednesday: The Omen IV: Awakening

Rupert Pupkin has been posting many other film fan's favorite underrated horror movies. Some of the titles brought me back to a time when I was around 13-14 and my friends and I would rent crappy horror VHS tapes from the video store. There are 5 Wednesdays this October, and every Wednesday I'm going to post musings on a different horror movie. These are by no means great movies, in fact, all of them are pretty terrible, but they stick with me for one reason or another.


*My family actually owned all three of the original Omen movies. So I had already seen them. When I came across this, I was like "Oh man, I wonder if my sister knows about this?" Well she did, and it was avoided for a reason.

*It's like someone who had just got done watching movies like The Exorcist, Bad Seed, and The Poltergeist and was like "little girls are so much scarier than little boys!" "Let's make an Omen movie about a girl!"

*The acting in this is atrocious, especially the girl. I know when children are in sensitive movies, the director sometimes will have them shoot things out of sequence so that they are not exposed to anything bad, or they give them a totally made up story line to follow instead. I felt like they didn't do any of that here. They just told the girl to "go stand over there." and shot.

*Asia Vieira, who plays little Delia was in Flash Forward, if you remember that show.

*I'm still not 100% sure what went on in the jumbled mess that was this movie's ending.

Have you seen The Omen IV: The Awakening? What did you think?

Comments

  1. LOL i was going to ask if this is worth seeing (hated the remake and didn't see the sequels), but you answered that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so bad! And I was so excited when I came across it too.

      Delete
  2. I've only seen the first one, not really interested in the sequels, ahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, don't pay them any mind. I really don't remember anything about Omen II, and I vaguely remember Omen III.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum