Indie Gems: Wish You Were Here

Everyone has a secret.
 
Alice and Dave Flannery (Felicity Price and Joe Edgerton) go on a last minute holiday to Cambodia with Alice's sister Steph (Teresa Palmer) and her new boyfriend Jeremy (Antony Starr) who's there on business. Jeremy doesn't return. As these three people try to figure out what happened to their missing friend, they uncover plenty of other troubling secrets along the way.
 
I love Teresa Palmer, she's been one of my favorites ever since I saw her in 2:37. I've been waiting for this film to become available on Netflix for months, and I was not disappointed. Even if Palmer isn't in it as much as I had hoped.
 
I love Australian movies, there's just something sexy about that accent. I could listen to it for days. Wish You Were Here does not disappoint in the least. There's plenty of questions throughout, but none go un answered and the outcome is surprising and somewhat unexpected. Check this out immediately if you get the chance.
 
Grade: A
 
Memorable Quote: "Have you thought about my situation?" - Steph (Teresa Palmer)


Comments

  1. Glad you liked this! I thought that Edgerton's final breakdown was HEARTBREAKING! He nailed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was! I actually gasped when the big reveal happened. I still don't know what I was expecting.

      Delete
  2. Wait so this is not a film about Pink Floyd ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds intriguing! I'm adding it my my Netflix queue as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really want to see this film, but for some reason it hasn't come out here yet, which is strange considering that Antony Starr is probably one of NZ's most famous actors. Hmmmm. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blows my mind, you're Australia's next door neighbor! I hope it gets to you soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum