Weird Horror Wednesday: Puppet Master

Rupert Pupkin has been posting many other film fan's favorite underrated horror movies. Some of the titles brought me back to a time when I was around 13-14 and my friends and I would rent crappy horror VHS tapes from the video store. There are 5 Wednesdays this October, and every Wednesday I'm going to post musings on a different horror movie. These are by no means great movies, in fact, all of them are pretty terrible, but they stick with me for one reason or another.


*To put it lightly, this movie scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it. I still remember lying to my friend "no, it didn't scare me" after we watched it, then riding my bike home like a bat out of hell.

*I also remember we watched this and Candyman on the same day, but that's legitimately one of my favorite horror movies, so it doesn't get a spot on my bad horror Wednesdays.

*They actually made quite a few more of these, some stream instant on Netflix. I haven't watched the sequels, but the original is almost kind of amusing to me now. Creepy, but amusing.

*Another fun fact? There's actually another movie called The Puppetmaster that was released in 1993, whereas this one was released in 1989. The other is a dub, they seem somewhat similar, but I've never seen the later one.

*Seriously though, puppets are fucking creepy.

Have you see Puppet Master? What did you think?

Comments

  1. omg i MUST watch this now. i remember this movie, but I've never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This movie is partially to blame for me hating all dolls.

      Delete
  2. That photo is too creepy! Don't know if I'll ever watch this or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That freaking puppet is in the movie the most too!

      Delete
  3. Puppet Master 3 is among my favorites because the essential concept involves the same puppets fighting Nazis. It's awesome. I also remember their being action figures of these. I still have not seen Candyman. Hope to remedy that soon. Great post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum