Quick Rambling Reviews

It's been awhile since I've combined reviews like this, but I saw a few films at once that I don't think I could really flesh out into full reviews. 

Selma - I was very underwhelmed by this, which was a shame. It's fully of great performances (Especially David Oweyelo) and the story is an important part of our American history. I think it's a good film overall, but it's missing something and I can't put my finger on it.

Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck - Interesting doc, but the home movies made me very uncomfortable. Two junkies with a baby frightens me. Cobain was a tortured soul, I wish it would've gotten better for him.

101 Dalmatians - This came on TV and I DVR'd it for my kid, I haven't seen this since I myself was a child, it's so hilarious how un-PC this film would be nowadays. The characters are constantly smoking, they're watching a TV program where a guy is shooting at a dog. They're openly talking about bashing dogs' heads in and skinning them. Damn, old school Disney.

Exit Through the Gift Shop - A really well made doc about Banksy and street art that really made me wish I could actually draw/paint a proper picture.

Kung Fury - You may or may not have heard of some Bloggers talking about this wonderfully bad short film that's currently uploaded on Youtube. You should check it out. It's brilliantly stupid. 

A Deadly Adoption - So, I watched this Lifetime movie hoping to laugh at it's stupid awkwardness and I ended up thinking Alyvia Alyn Lind is one of the better child actors I've seen on TV in awhile. She was good! If Lifetime didn't have a history of rapey man hating, I would almost feel bad for them because Ferrell and Wiig clearly did this movie to take the piss out of the network.

Comments

  1. The problem with Selma is it drags between marches. Glad you like Exit Through the Gift Shop. It is a really fun doc. I need to see that Kurt Cobain doc. Lol, so true about 101 Dalmatians. Nice work, Britt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That is the problem with Selma. It was pretty good, great in some ways. It just had no pace. Love Exit to the Gift Shop so much. Yeah. Good job. I get stacked up on movies sometimes myself. It gets hard to write long reviews. I love brief thoughts like these.

      Delete
    2. You're both right about the pacing. A film like that just needed to be a bit more polished.

      I try to keep my reviews concise anyways, but sometimes I can't even do that. I just need a few sentences lol

      Delete
  2. LOL, Deadly Adoption was so awful...that ending...WTF! My wife and I watched it when it aired specifically to laugh, and sadly it was just odd...until the end where I laughed my ass off.

    I just reviewed Selma...basically what you said.

    http://afistfuloffilms.blogspot.com/2015/07/red-rover-red-rover-send-martin-luther.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking that! I watched this interview with the two big wigs at Lifetime talking about this film. Their strategy for making films on that network is insane. They must make a lot of money to take that seriously.

      Delete
  3. Someone mentioned Kung Fury on my blog a while back too. I have to see that soon, sounds like a riot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooooo stupid. So I pretty much loved it. lol

      Delete
  4. LOVE Exit Through the Gift Shop, and I was also underwhelmed by Selma. I watched it twice during the awards season, but it never fully engaged me, despite Oyelowo's solid performance. Ha, I haven't seen 101 Dalmatians in years, but I've always liked it. (The Glenn Close one, right?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum