Thursday Movie Picks - TV Edition: Origin Stories


This week's theme from Wandering Through The Shelves had to start somewhere. Today we're talking about TV origin stories. This is a category that can be pretty hit or miss for me personally, so I'm including some hits and some misses in my picks. Here's what I came up with.


1) Better Call Saul -
The gold standard for TV prequels as far as I'm concerned. I cut cable last year, and the only show I haven't been able to watch in real time as a result of this is BCS and it makes me so sad. I've managed to thankfully avoid spoilers for the new season, so hopefully Netflix gets it soon.


2) Gotham -
I think I made it through about 6 episodes of this before dropping it. I was initially very into a Lt. Gordon origin story, but I didn't like the actors or the story. I never went back.


3) Fear The Walking Dead -
The first season of this show was actually quite good, but I dropped it around the 3rd because it stopped being about the origin of the zombie apocalypse and just became The Walking Dead in a different location. It's a shame, because the actors in this are very good, even though they've apparently killed most of the OG cast off by now.

Comments

  1. I never got into Breaking Bad so I never felt like watching Saul although hubby caught a few episodes and liked it. I tried Gotham and stayed with it longer than you but meh...plus I couldn't stand Jada. Ughh Fear the walking dead are basically Trump supporters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL at the Fear The Walking Dead comment. Jada was certainly giving us....something in Gotham.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen any of these shows as I just skipped this category. I don't want to watch anything with Jada Pinkett Smith. Fuck that raggedy bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fear The Walking Dead - I saw the first season of this when I was already experiencing The Walking Dead fatigue. It is not a better series so I never continued with the second season and dropped The Walking Dead totally too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I loved The Walking Dead for many years but it just got so ridiculous.

      Delete
  4. BCS is for sure one of my all-time favorite prequels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hate that I no longer have cable so I have to wait for the newest season

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum