Review: Eileen


Official synopsis
: A woman's friendship with a new co-worker at the prison facility where she works takes a sinister turn.

I think all of us movie lovers that actively read reviews can admit that sometimes we're reading and watching so many, that it's easy to forget what a film is about if you don't see it right when everyone else does. Take Eileen for example. I love both Anne Hathaway and Thomasin Mackenzie, and I know I read other blogger's reviews of this film. I remember it being mixed.

So I went into this expecting a forbidden lesbian romance story, and boy when I say I was the literal embodiment of this meme..


I almost had to laugh. I probably would have if this film had not gotten SO dark. I was really impressed with this overall. It's a very quite film, but it has quite the crescendo. It's easy to see why Eileen finds herself obsessed with Rebecca considering the people she has to surround herself with each day. I thought the production design was outstanding. I felt cold just watching it. I could've sat with this film for an additional 30 minutes to be honest. I felt like it had more to say.

If you have Hulu, Eileen is now available to stream, and I think it's well worth the watch.

Grade: B

Comments

  1. I definitely want to see this for all of that Hot Lesbian Action between Thomasin and Queen Anne. Also for the fact that I wanna see something good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Review: The Batman