25 Moments of Cinematic Awesomeness
I had to steal this idea from Stevee over at Cinematic Paradox because I loved her list so damn much. Cinematic Awesomeness defines a moment in a film that moves you. Maybe you can explain it, maybe you can't. Either way, these are some of the moments that I loved in these movies. Narrowing it down to 25 was extremely difficult! I probably left some great ones out. Either way..spoilers ahead. My apologies that the images aren't all the same size. I thought Photobucket was going to make my computer explode.
1) Our first look at Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2) Wladyslaw Szpilman after he loses his family in the Pianist.
3) Kevin Spacey lying in bed in American Beauty, showered with rose pedals and thinking "spectacular."
4) The final scene in Mysterious Skin, where Neil tells Brian everything that happened to them when they were children. It ends with Brian's voice over saying "We rise like two angels in the night, and magically disappear."
5) Samara crawling out of the TV in The Ring. Admit it, you almost shit yourself.
6) The News Team battle in Anchorman. So many great cameos.
7) Mark Zuckerberg trying to "friend" his ex girlfriend at the end of The Social Network
8) Ennis hugging Jack's shirt in Brokeback Mountain
9) Heath Ledger's entire performance as The Joker
10) There Will Be Blood: "I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"
11) Aragorn's bad ass walk as he gets off of the ship and attacks in The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.
12) When Nettie and Celie are torn apart in The Color Purple. Celie yells for Nettie to write, and Nettie responds "Nothing but death can keep me from it."
13) Tracey's breakdown at the end of Thirteen
14) The elevator scene in The Departed.
15) Bruce Willis is dead the whole time! - The Sixth Sense.
16) WALL-E and EVE fly through Space. This is the first time I ever looked at an animated film and thought: "Damn, THAT is some good animation."
17) Jamal and Latika are finally together at the end of Slumdog Millionaire
18) Jules Winnfeild breaks our concentration in Pulp Fiction
19) The beginning of The Circle of Life in The Lion King
20) "Damien, it's all for you." - The Omen
21) Guess who's Kaiser Soze?
22) "Do you like Huey Lewis and the News? - American Psycho
23) Naked Nicholai kicks some serious ass in Eastern Promises.
24) The infamous ear scene in Reservoir Dogs
25) Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch? - Ok, so Chapelle's Show is TV, but this has seriously got to be the hardest I've ever laughed at something on cable television.