10 Things I Love About Movie Blogging
Can you believe this little blog has been around for TEN YEARS! When I picked Blogger as my place for sharing my full length reviews, I hoped I would keep it up, but I never imagined I'd be around a decade later still typing away. To celebrate, I figured I would share 10 things I love about blogging.
1) YOU. I've been online since 1999 and have found myself in many fandoms and groups along the way, the movie blogging community, while not free of drama has been the most welcoming and consistent. I wouldn't still be at this without the lovely and interesting people I've met along the way. Especially those who take the time to read and comment. Thank you!
2) Not having to worry about catering to a specific audience. I shared movie reviews on another site at one point in time and I'm pretty sure no one there liked the same kind of movies I did. It's nice that most film fans are open to anything.
3) Another excuse to go to the theater.
4) Expanding my horizon. There are plenty of directors I never would've sought out had it not been for the movie blogging community.
5) Visibility. There's more visibility for foreign and LGBTQIA films and more diversity in the bloggers themselves. I love that.
6) Lists. I love making them and they're a fun, quick way to share tastes.
7) Oscar season. I have no one in my real life that cares about the Oscars as much as I do so having so many people to tweet and blog with about them is a Godsend.
8) Blogathons. Those are so fun to participate in and a great way to find a new blog to read. I enjoy the clever themes everyone comes up with.
9) Twitter. #FilmTwitter and blogging go hand and hand for me. I couldn't have one without the other.
10) And finally, I just love having my own space in general. I was never one to keep a diary or a journal so having a place to share my movie thoughts that's saw me through my entire 20's and now into my 30's is magical. I need this mentally.
Thanks again for reading my ramblings, even when they're not very interesting. You're the best!