What I watched on TV in August

Welcome to my monthly TV recap! As usual in the summer, I don't have a ton of TV shows to what, but here's what I made time for on the small screen. 


What We Do in the Shadows -
Guillermo's secret continues to spread to everyone except Nandor and it still manages to be good TV. Episode 8 ended on something so dumb, yet so funny I'm still laughing about it days later. I had mistakenly thought this was the final season, and I'm glad to find out I was wrong.


Reservation Dogs
- Our beloved Rez dogs are on their final season though, and season 3 has been a bit hit or miss. I give them props for trying something new. Deer Lady worked very well for me, whereas House Made of Bongs didn't. I'm still looking forward to the few episodes we have left, and I really hope I see more of these actors in future projects.


Ahsoka -
I've tried to avoid reviews of Ahsoka from everyone other than my blogger/twitter friends because the Star Wars fandom is so toxic, BUT I've been enjoying it so far! My biggest complaint is how short the episodes are. Seeing Jacen and Hera made my heart absolutely soar. 


Victim/Suspect -
This was a documentary I watched on Netflix, so not technically a TV show, but it's about victims of rape who were accused of fabricating their assaults instead of the justice system being on their side. It might be more of the same, but I'll scream from the roof tops that we should always listen to victims first.


The Wonder Years (2023) -
I usually avoid TV reboots because I have no interest, but my husband hit play on the pilot episode of this reboot and it's actually pretty good! I loved the original Wonder Years when I saw it on Nick at Nite for the first time. This is very different. The only thing the shows have in common besides the name is the narration device, but it's fun. A bit more adult then I was expecting, but fun.

Comments

  1. I really need to see What We Do in the Shadows but sadly because I'm on Spectrum, I don't have that channel anymore as my mom wants out of cable for good. It's been a really slow process in leaving the whole thing.

    I am really enjoying Ahsoka as I don't give a fuck about those whiny fanboys with sand in their vaginas. They're never happy. Besides, I just think it's a great series so far and that last episode. How can you not enjoy that surprise at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get Hulu, that's where I watch WWDITS. All the FX shows end up there. I watch Reservation Dogs that way too. I'm liking Ahsoka too! Again, my complaint is that these episodes are too short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate...Haye how most people look at the woman as if she egged the rapist on. It's disgusting. I so want rhe see Shadows and hope to one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is disgusting. "What was she wearing" will always make my blood boil.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen any of these. I'm working my way through 30 Rock and The Blacklist right now, and that's more than enough to worry about currently. That said, some of these are on my list of what I should be watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 Rock is a huge undertaking! I'm not sure how many seasons The Blacklist has. I still keep telling myself I'm going to go back and watch Oz, but haven't done it yet.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE What We Do in the Shadows movie but I've only seen a handful eps of the series. The only one I've watched here is Ahsoka which has been a hit and miss so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend WWDITS, you've got to see them all. I've been really enjoying Ahsoka despite how short the episodes are. The last two have been excellent.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum