Review: Dicks: The Musical


Official Synopsis
: A pair of business rivals (Josh Sharpe and Aaron Jackson) discover that they're identical twins and decide to swap places in an attempt to trick their divorced parents (Nathan Lane and Megan Mullally) to get back together.

I saw the trailer for this film in front of Bottoms last year and it opens with Jackson singing the line "My cock is fucking massive, it always makes the ladies sore." I laughed. It was ridiculous, and I knew that would be the tone for the whole film. But what I was hoping was going to be dumb fun ended up being just plain old dumb.

My family and I needed a laugh, and I put this on thinking it would do just that, but it ended up being incredibly annoying and unfunny. There are probably two jokes that land in its entire 90 minute run time. It also chooses to end on an incest joke that just doesn't land.

The performances are very inconsistent. Sharpe and Jackson have good chemistry together, despite not being very funny. Lane and Megan Thee Stallion are innocent. Whatever Megan Mullally was doing was just completely ridiculous and a waste of her talent, and Bowen Yang was just...Bowen Yang. 

Stay clear of this one.

Grade: F

Comments

  1. This sounds like a rude remake of the Disney classic, " The Parent Trap". I like Nathan and Love Megan .but not sure I'll see this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually is a spin on the parent trap! Just a really bad one.

      Delete
  2. Yikes.... yeah, I think I'll stay away from this. I hate seeing Megan Mullaly being wasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's awful in this. I just hope she was paid well for whatever that was...

      Delete
  3. I had never heard of this until you reviewed it here. Not really my cup of tea and plus I find Bowen Yang kinda annoying so will for sure skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I've been mildly tempted based on the name, but not tempted enough to pull the trigger.

    Now, not tempted at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum