Series Review: The Bear Season 3


The Bear has been one of my favorite new shows to hit the scene in the past year. Season 2 left us with plenty of story to come. Carmy's dream of opening "The Bear" came true. He had a huge blow out with both Richie and Claire. Syd wasn't feeling confident, Sugar found out she was pregnant. Basically there was plenty of mileage to be had this season.

Season 3, while having plenty of funny moments and the return of some great guest stars felt incomplete. The entire first episode felt almost experimental, with its long shots of the city and soundtrack that played over. I liked the episode at first, but after seeing how little the entire season progressed, I resent it a bit.

Carmy and Richie never talked. Clarie and Carmy never talked. We still don't know what Syd will do with her new offer. I felt like nothing was answered. We learned a bit more about Tina and Marcus this season, which was one of the few bright spots, but story wise it just didn't work well for me. It's not to say I hated the season, like I mentioned I laughed quite a bit, and they had some compelling scenes. But it felt so unfinished. Like it needed a few more episodes. 

I can only hope the wait between seasons goes swiftly because this brings The Bear's momentum into Emmy season to a screeching halt. (Hype wise. Voters have already submitted their picks as the nominations are tomorrow)

Comments

  1. I really need to watch this series. I keep hearing good things about it as well as its soundtrack as it used a NIN track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a great show. I can't let one underwhelming season ruin it for me.

      Delete
  2. I love S1 but haven't caught up w/ S2 past the first episode. I heard mixed reviews about S3 so not sure when I'll get around to watching the latest season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the greatest, especially after how strong season 2 was, but I think they can pick it up in season 4.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Review: The Batman