2026 Creative Art Emmy Winners - Some of them, anyways



The Emmys moved some pretty big Prime Time awards to the Creative Arts ceremony, so I figured I'd take the time to talk about them separately since I'm not seeing as many new movies this week as I'd like to. This is nowhere near a full list of nominees and winners, for that I suggest you head over the lovely Next Best Picture who listed them all? Me myself? I'm only listing what I feel like talking about. 

Outstanding Movie
Heads Of State
Miss You, Love You
People We Meet On Vacation
Remarkably Bright Creatures
Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan: Ghost War
I haven't seen any of these, but this felt like a shoo-in, so I'm not surprised to see it win here. 

Outstanding Animated Program
Bob’s Burgers: Grand Pre Pre Pre Opening 
Rick And Morty: There’s Something About Morty 
The Simpsons: Homer? A Cracker Bro? 
Smiling Friends: Le Voyage Incroyable De Monsieur Grenouille 
South Park: Sermon On The ‘Mount 
South Park took some pretty risky swings this season so I'm glad to see them rewarded for it. Anything that makes the orange evolutionsbremse mad. 


Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Series
The American Revolution
Mr. Scorsese
Rafa
Sean Combs: The Reckoning
The Yogurt Shop Murders
I think anything with Scorsese's name was destined to win here. 


Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
Jason Bateman – DTF St. Louis
Richard Gadd – Half Man
David Harbour – DTF St. Louis
Richard Jenkins – DTF St. Louis
Charles Melton – Beef
Nick Offerman – Death By Lightning
You know I'm team Gadd, but it's nice to see David Harbour finally have an Emmy after putting in so many solid years of TV work. And he does give the best performance in DTF St. Louis! 

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
Linda Cardellini – DTF St. Louis
Dakota Fanning – All Her Fault
Laurie Metcalf – Monster: The Ed Gein Story
Joy Sunday – DTF St. Louis
Youn Yuh-jung – Beef
Constance Zimmer – Love Story: John F. Kennedy Jr. & Carolyn Bessette
Likewise with Harbour, it's nice to see a TV Veteran get some love. Especially someone I love as much as I do Cardellini. 

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series
Michael J. Fox – Shrinking, “The Field”
Brett Goldstein – Shrinking, “Happiness Mission”
Hamish Linklater – Widow’s Bay, “Seasickness”
Christopher McDonald – Hacks, “No New Tricks”
Rob Reiner – The Bear, “Tonnato”
Connor Storrie – Saturday Night Live, “Host: Connor Storrie”
I kind of expected Reiner to win this as it will be the last chance the Emmys can give him something. Do I think he would've won if he was still with us? No. But it makes me sad to think about no matter what. 

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series
Leslie Bibb – Hacks, “Montecito”
Jamie Lee Curtis – The Bear, “Tonnato”
Betty Gilpin – Widow’s Bay, “Our History”
Cherry Jones – Hacks, “Montecito”
Laurie Metcalf – Hacks, “The Garden”
Kaitlin Olson – Hacks, “D’Amazing Race”
Lauren Weedman – Hacks, “The Cube”
Betty Gilpin's speech - which I had to find online because this even was NOT televised - was great. I personally didn't find her to be that memorable in Widow's Bay, I was really pulling for Leslie Bibb here, but Gilpin's been nominated plenty of times so it is nice to see her finally get a win. 

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series
Colman Domingo – Euphoria, “In God We Trust”
Ernest Harden Jr. – The Pitt, “7:00 A.M.”
Jeff Hiller – Pluribus, “Please, Carol”
Jeff Kober – The Pitt, “8:00 P.M.”
Jonathan Pryce – Slow Horses, “Scars”
Bradley Whitford – The Diplomat, “Amagansett”
Damn it, I really thought Pryce would win this! He deserved it. Off the Pitt actors, I'm surprised Harden won over Kober, though I personally would've picked him of the two as well. It just felt like Kober had more buzz behind him. Maybe because all his scenes were with Noah Wyle. 

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series
Brittany Allen – The Pitt, “3:00 P.M.”
Tal Anderson – The Pitt, “5:00 P.M.”
Tina Ivlev – The Pitt, “1:00 P.M.”
Miriam Shor – Pluribus, “We Is Us”
Merritt Wever – The Gilded Age, “Marriage Is A Gamble”
Shailene Woodley – Paradise, “Graceland”
I couldn't make it through the first season of Paradise but I'm tempted to watch Shailene's one episode in season 2 to see what the hype is. 

Outstanding Writing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
All Her Fault, “Episode 8”
The Beast In Me, “Sick Puppy”
Beef, “All The Things We’re Never Going To Have”
Death By Lightning
DTF St. Louis
I personally prefer Death By Lightning, but I can see why DTF won. The Emmys loved that show. 

Outstanding Directing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
Beef, “It Will Stay This Way And You Will Obey”
Beef, “Oh, The Comfort, The Inexpressible Comfort”
Black Rabbit, “The Black Rabbits”
DTF St. Louis
I'm just  glad it wasn't Beef. Sorry, I'm a hater. 


Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance
Pamela Adlon – King of the Hill, “Any Given Hill-day”
Julie Andrews – Bridgerton, “The Waltz
Hank Azaria – The Simpsons, “Keep Chalm And Gary On”
Trey Parker – South Park, “Sermon on the ‘Mount”
Matt Vogel – The Muppet Show
Steven Yeun – Invincible, “Don’t Leave Me Hanging Here”
I just wanted to shout out Steven Yeun who is GREAT in Invincible. 


Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series
Abbott Elementary
Hacks
Only Murders In The Building
Shrinking
Widow’s Bay
Does this make it stronger to win Best Comedy Series on Monday? I think it might, But it's also the only new show here, so that could be it too. 

Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series
The Diplomat
Paradise
The Pitt
Pluribus
Slow Horses
The Pitt truly is unstoppable. But I think it deserves this win for the massive amount of characters it deals with. 

Outstanding Casting for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
All Her Fault
The Beast In Me
Beef
DTF St. Louis
Love Story: John F. Kennedy Jr. & Carolyn Bessette
This is the only show I didn't watch because I just can't muster a single fuck for any of the Kennedys at this point. BUT it sounds like Sarah Pigeon is a revelation based on everything I've read about it, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with this win. 


Outstanding Cinematography for a Series (Half-Hour)
The Bear, “Scallop”
Hacks, “The Garden”
A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms, “In The Name Of The Mother”
The Upshaws, “Indy Streets”
Widow’s Bay, “Our History”
Really bummed A Night of the Seven Kingdoms couldn't pull off a win here. This episode of The Bear was also shot really well. Like, you can visibly see how hard it must have been to stage, block, and light this episode. The Emmys love them some Widow's Bay. 

Outstanding Cinematography for a Series (One Hour)
Alien: Earth, “Neverland”
Euphoria, “In God We Trust”
Margo’s Got Money Troubles, “Flamingos”
Pluribus, “We Is Us”
Spider-Noir, “Step Into My Office”
Task, “Crossings”
I really need to watch Margo's Got Money Troubles, it's the only one I haven't seen here. 

Outstanding Cinematography for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
Beef, “It Will Stay This Way And You Will Obey”
Black Rabbit, “Isle Of Joy”
Death By Lightning, “Destiny Of The Republic”
DTF St. Louis, “Cornhole”
Monster: The Ed Gein Story, “Buxom Bird”
Am I the only person who liked Death By Lightning? Damn!


Outstanding Directing for a Variety Series
Jimmy Kimmel Live!, “Guests: Robert De Niro as The New FCC Chair, Glen Powell, and Musical Guest Sarah McLachlan”
The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Series Finale”
Saturday Night Live, “Host: Olivia Rodrigo”


Outstanding Directing for a Documentary/Nonfiction Program
Marty, Life Is Short
Mel Brooks: The 99 Year Old Man!
Mr. Scorsese, “All This Filming Isn’t Healthy”
My Mom Jayne: A Film By Mariska Hargitay
Sean Combs: The Reckoning, “Pain Vs Love”
The Primetime host takes home her own Emmy ahead of time!


Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics
The Boys, “The Frenchman, The Female, And The Man Called Mother’s Milk,” Song Title: “Raise Him Up”
Hacks, “EGOT,” Song Title: “Mis Figuritas”
The Pitt, “12:00 P.M.,” Song Title: “Need Someone”
South Park, “The Crap Out,” Song Title: “Christian Woman”
Spider-Noir, “A Mistake I’ll Never Make Again,” Song Title: “The Devil You Know”
Wednesday, “Woe Me The Money,” Song Title: “The Dead Dance”
I LOVE The Pitt and I could not tell you anything about "Need Someone"

Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music
All Her Fault
The Beast In Me
The ‘Burbs
Murderbot
Pluribus


Outstanding Picture Editing for a Drama Series
Euphoria, “In God We Trust”
The Pitt, “1:00 P.M.”
The Pitt, “9:00 P.M.”
Pluribus, “Got Milk”
Pluribus, “Grenade”
Pluribus, “We Is Us”
Task, “A Still Small Voice”
It's nice to see Pluribus take one home, especially for this episode. 

Outstanding Picture Editing for a Single-Camera Comedy Series
The Bear, “Bears”
Hacks, “The Cube”
Hacks, “Hacks (Finale)”
Widow’s Bay, “Our History”
Widow’s Bay, “Welcome To Widow’s Bay”
Widow’s Bay, “What To Expect On Your Trip”
The Hacks finale was a great way to send off the show. Definitely deserved the editing win. 

Outstanding Picture Editing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
Beef, “All The Things We’re Never Going To Have”
Beef, “The Increasing Flimsiness Of Any Certainties About The Future”
Black Rabbit, “Isle Of Joy”
Death By Lightning, “The Man From Ohio”
DTF St. Louis, “No One’s Normal. It Just Looks That Way From Across The Street”
Again I weep for Death By Lightning


Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Season or a Movie
Alien: Earth
Foundation
IT: Welcome To Derry
Monarch: Legacy Of Monsters
Prehistoric Planet: Ice Age
Stranger Things
Can't argue with Stranger Things here. That finale was damn impressive. 


Outstanding Stunt Coordination for Comedy Programming
Beef
Palm Royale
Peacemaker
Poker Face
Spider-Noir
Tulsa King
Yay! Spider-Noir win!

Outstanding Stunt Coordination for Drama Programming
The Boys
Fallout
FBI
The Rookie
Stranger Things
I was hoping for a Fallout win here. 

Outstanding Stunt Performance
Fallout, “The Profligate”
FBI, “Crusader”
A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms, “In The Name Of The Mother”
Palm Royale, “Maxine Finds Herself”
Spider-Noir, “Tread Lightly”
Yay! A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms!


Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver
The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
Look...Colbert is great but let's be honest John Oliver's writing staff should have this. No other variety show is written better than them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum

Thursday Movie Picks: The New Kid at School

Review: Lilies Not For Me