2026 Emmy Winners - Late Edition
Old news? Who cares?!! I didn't get to watch the Emmys last week as I was traveling but I still have opinions on the winners and I have to see how I did on my picks. So one last time, here's a list of all the Emmy nominees and winners + my thoughts.
Outstanding Comedy Series
“Abbott Elementary”
“The Bear”
“Hacks”
“Margo’s Got Money Troubles”
“Nobody Wants This”
“Only Murders in the Building”
“Shrinking”
“Widow’s Bay“
Not surprising, but I would've liked to have seen Hacks go out on tip. Widow's Bay was just too strong.
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Quinta Brunson – “Abbott Elementary”
Ayo Edebiri – “The Bear”
Elle Fanning – “Margo’s Got Money Troubles”
Lisa Kudrow – “The Comeback”
Jean Smart – “Hacks“
Jean Smart did what even the great Julia Louis-Dreyfus couldn't: She won an Emmy for every single season her show was on. Well deserved and an insane stat.
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II – “Wonder Man”
Matthew Rhys – “Widow’s Bay“
Jason Segel – “Shrinking”
Martin Short – “Only Murders in the Building”
Steve Carell – “Rooster”
This was one of the the easiest predictions of the night.
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Dale Dickey – “Widow’s Bay”
Hannah Einbinder – “Hacks”
Janelle James – “Abbott Elementary”
Kate O’Flynn – “Widow’s Bay“
Michelle Pfeiffer – “Margo’s Got Money Troubles”
Meg Stalter – “Hacks”
Jessica Williams – “Shrinking”
Someday my girl Jessica Williams will win in this category. Kate O'Flynn was such a break out that I'm not surprised she won, even though I thought Hannah Einbinder had the edge.
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Colman Domingo – “The Four Seasons”
Paul W. Downs – “Hacks”
Harrison Ford – “Shrinking”
Nick Offerman – “Margo’s Got Money Troubles”
Stephen Root – “Widow’s Bay“
Michael Urie – “Shrinking”
Tyler James Williams – “Abbott Elementary”
Look, I love Stephen Root but I hate this win so much. How Harrison Ford keeps losing this category is beyond me. The Emmys literally could've given Root and Emmy for Barry for a similar performance. It's nice to see a veteran get his flowers, but come on..
Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series
Lucia Aniello – “Hacks”
Mary Lou Belli – “The Ms. Pat Show”
Andrew DeYoung – “The Chair Company”
Randall Einhorn – “Abbott Elementary”
Hiro Murai – “Widow’s Bay“
Christopher Storer – “The Bear”
Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series
Lucia Aniello, Paul W. Downs & Jen Statsky – “Hacks”
Quinta Brunson – “Abbott Elementary”
Katie Dippold – “Widow’s Bay“
Anthony King – “Jury Duty Presents: Company Retreat”
Michael Patrick King & Lisa Kudrow – “The Comeback”
Tim Robinson & Zach Kanin – “The Chair Company”
Outstanding Drama Series
“The Diplomat”
“The Gilded Age”
“A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms”
“Paradise”
“The Pitt“
“Pluribus”
“Slow Horses”
“Your Friends & Neighbors”
Another very predictable series win, but I love the Pitt so I'm here for it.
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Carrie Coon – “The Gilded Age”
Chase Infiniti – “The Testaments”
Keri Russell – “The Diplomat”
Rhea Seehorn – “Pluribus“
Zendaya – “Euphoria”
I was SHOOK when I saw Seehorn actually won this. The Emmys did her so dirty for Better Call Saul and Keri Russell was campaigning her ass off. I'm glad she finally has a much deserved Emmy. Especially when she carries Pluribus.
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
Sterling K. Brown – “Paradise”
Gary Oldman – “Slow Horses”
Mark Ruffalo – “Task”
Rufus Sewell – “The Diplomat”
Noah Wyle – “The Pitt“
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Taylor Dearden – “The Pitt”
Fiona Dourif – “The Pitt”
Allison Janney – “The Diplomat“
Katherine LaNasa – “The Pitt”
Sepideh Moafi – “The Pitt”
Juliane Nicholson – “Paradise”
Karolina Wydra – “Pluribus”
This was another shocker. Even if you thought The Pitt was going to split votes, would you have picked Janney? I'm happy with it. I love her in The Diplomat and this is her eighth Emmy! Queen shit.
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Patrick Ball – “The Pitt”
Billy Crudup – “The Morning Show“
Shawn Hatosy – “The Pitt“
Gerran Howell – “The Pitt“
Jack Lowden – “Slow Horses”
Carlos-Manuel Vesga – “Pluribus”
Tom Pelphrey – “Task“
Man, I am so glad I was wrong about this category. I thought Crudup was actually going to win again. While Lowden would've been my personal pick, Pelphrey was excellent in Task. This dude has really stepped his game up within the last decade or so. I used to be one of this guy's biggest haters.
Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series
Hanelle M. Culpepper – “Paradise”
Vince Gilligan – “Pluribus”
Saul Metzstein – “Slow Horses“
Salli Richardson Whitfield – “The Gilded Age”
Salli Richardson Whitfield – “Task”
Noah Wyle – “The Pitt”
Slow Horses gets a win! We love to see it.
Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
Peter Ackerman & Debora Cahn – “The Diplomat”
Varlerie Chu – “The Pitt”
Vince Gilligan – “Pluribus“
Brad Ingelsby – “Task”
Kirsten Pierre-Geyfman & R. Scott Gemmill – “The Pitt”
Will Smith – “Slow Horses”
I can't believe this is Gilligan's first Emmy win for writing. That seems insane that he never won this for Breaking Bad. It's also kind of funny that the show that actually won Best Drama Series didn't pick up any writing or directing to go with it.
Outstanding Limited Series
“All Her Fault”
“The Beast in Me”
“Beef”
“DTF St. Louis“
“Love Story: JFK Jr. and Carolyn Bissette”
Thank God this won over Beef.
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series/Anthology/TV Movie
Claire Danes – “The Beast in Me”
Sally Field – “Remarkably Bright Creatures“
Carey Mulligan – “Beef”
Sarah Pidgeon – “Love Story: JFK Jr. and Carolyn Bissette”
Sarah Snook – “All Her Fault”
This was another shocker! I'd love to know how close this was. I feel like it had to be a pretty tight race.
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series/Anthology/ TV Movie
Riz Ahmed – “Bait”
Jason Bateman – “Black Rabbit”
Charlie Hunnam – “Monster: The Ed Gein Story”
Oscar Isaac – “Beef”
Matthew Rhys – “The Beast in Me”
He won 2 Emmys and his wife one none. Sexism. (I'm kidding he was actually very fucking good in The Beast In Me)
Outstanding Variety Series
“The Daily Show”
“Jimmy Kimmel Live!”
“Last Week Tonight with John Oliver”
“The Late Show with Stephen Colbert”
“Saturday Night Live”
Colbert gets his flowers for putting up with his spineless network. I still think John Oliver's show is better, but I understand why his streak is broken.

I'm just glad Stephen Colbert got to win for his show even though I wanted John Oliver. Still, fuck CBS.
ReplyDeleteYes! It's like, I can't be mad at Colbert having an Emmy because he's awesome. John Oliver at least has a bunch already and will probably renew his streak again next year lol
Delete