2026 Emmy Predictions - Who Will Win/Who Should Win


I realized recently that I'm going to miss the Emmy ceremony due to a work commitment (why is this on a Monday night and not a Sunday night? Come on!) But even though I won't get to watch the show, I always have opinions. Here's who I think will win, and in some cases, who should win.

OUTSTANDING DRAMA
The Diplomat
The Gilded Age
A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
Paradise
The Pitt
Pluribus
Slow Horses
Your Friends & Neighbors
Who will and Should Win: The Pitt
Part of me wishes A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms would take this, because it was delightful, but the Pitt is basically unstoppable in this category. At least it feels like it.  

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Carrie Coon, The Gilded Age
Chase Infiniti, The Testaments
Keri Russell, The Diplomat
Rhea Seehorn, Pluribus
Zendaya, Euphoria
Who will win: Keri Russell
Who should win: Rhea Seehorn
All of these actresses are fantastic but Keri Russell is campaigning pretty hard, and she has the benefit of "His and Hers Emmys" if her husband, Matthew Rhys takes one home (which he will) Even though Seehorn is great in Pluribus, this is the same voting body that snubbed her for YEARS  while she was on Better Call Saul. I'm not entirely sure they've come around to her yet. 

LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Sterling K. Brown, Paradise
Gary Oldman, Slow Horses
Mark Ruffalo, Task
Rufus Sewell, The Diplomat
Noah Wyle, The Pitt
Who will and should win: Noah Wyle
Despite the fact that I think he indulges a bit too much on the show, Noah Wyle was excellent in The Pitt. I'd love if Gary Oldman won this, he was excellent in this last season of Slow Horses, but Wyle will probably repeat. 

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Taylor Dearden, The Pitt
Fiona Dourif, The Pitt
Allison Janney, The Diplomat
Katherine LaNasa, The Pitt
Sepideh Moafi, The Pitt
Julianne Nicholson, Paradise
Karolina Wydra, Pluribus
Who will and should win: Katherine LaNasa
Lots of strong performances here, but I see her winning again. Vote splitting does give me pause, especially when the Emmys love Julianne Nicholson and Wydra and Janney were great in their shows too, but I'll be lazy like the Emmy voters and just pick last year's winner. 

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Patrick Ball, The Pitt
Billy Crudup, The Morning Show
Shawn Hatosy, The Pitt
Gerran Howell, The Pitt
Jack Lowden, Slow Horses
Tom Pelphrey, Task
Carlos-Manuel Vesga, Pluribus
Who will win: Billy Crudup
Who should win: Jack Lowden or Tom Pelphrey
I can't see The Pitt taking 3 acting awards, though Shawn Hatosy probably has the best chance. Some how this voting body continues to love Crudup on this awful show, so I could see them being uninspired and going that direction again, instead of towards Lowden or Pelphrey who actually deserve it. 

GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Brittany Allen, The Pitt
Tal Anderson, The Pitt
Tina Ivlev, The Pitt
Miriam Shor, Pluribus
Merritt Wever, The Gilded Age
Shailene Woodley, Paradise
Who will and should win: Brittany Allen
I think the narrative of her self submitting will help her here. I don't feel super confident, because Merritt is a previous winner and from what I understand Shailene is great in Paradise, but that's what I'm going with. 

GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Colman Domingo, Euphoria
Ernest Harden, Jr., The Pitt
Jeff Hiller, Pluribus
Jeff Kober, The Pitt
Jonathan Pryce, Slow Horses
Bradley Whitford, The Diplomat
Who will and should win: Jonathan Pryce
I don't feel super confident with this either, especially when Jeff Hiller is a previous winner in a beloved show, but Pryce just broke my heart this season in Slow Horses. This is definitely the place to give him some love. 

OUTSTANDING COMEDY
Abbott Elementary
The Bear
Hacks
Margo's Got Money Troubles
Nobody Wants This
Only Murders in the Building
Shrinking
Widow's Bay
Who will win: Widow's Bay
Who should win: Shrinking or Hacks
This is tough. Widow's Bay is on fire right now, but Hacks is going out on a high note. Part of me wants to go Hacks because they'll have another chance to award Widows Bay in season 2 if they want to, but that also means HBO is winning all 3 big categories and I feel like that's not something that happens often.

LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Quinta Brunson, Abbott Elementary
Ayo Edebiri, The Bear
Elle Fanning, Margo's Got Money Troubles
Lisa Kudrow, The Comeback
Jean Smart, Hacks
Who will and should win: Jean Smart
No one else is winning this. 

LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Wonder Man
Steve Carell, Rooster
Matthew Rhys, Widow's Bay
Jason Segel, Shrinking
Martin Short, Only Murders in the Building
Who will and should win: Matthew Rhys
Rhys' comedic timing in this was amazing and not something I expected from him. I do with Jason Segel could get a win for Shrinking but I don't think that's happening this year. Rhys feels unstoppable. 

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Dale Dickey, Widow's Bay
Hannah Einbinder, Hacks
Janelle James, Abbott Elementary
Kate O'Flynn, Widow's Bay
Michelle Pfeiffer, Margo's Got Money Troubles
Megan Stalter, Hacks
Who will and should win: Hannah Einbinder
This is hard because I think Kate O'Flynn is very strong in this category too, but if Hacks misses out on Best Comedy, rewarding its two leading ladies is still a good way to go out. 


SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Colman Domingo, The Four Seasons
Paul W. Downs, Hacks
Harrison Ford, Shrinking
Nick Offerman, Margo's Got Money Troubles
Stephen Root, Widow's Bay
Michael Urie, Shrinking
Tyler James Williams, Abbott Elementary
Who will and should win: Harrison Ford
If anyone else wins this, I'm turning into a super villain. 

GUEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Leslie Bibb, Hacks
Jamie Lee Curtis, The Bear
Betty Gilpin, Widow's Bay
Cherry Jones, Hacks
Laurie Metcalf, Hacks
Kaitlin Olson, Hacks
Lauren Weedman, Hacks
Who will win: Leslie Bibb
Who should win: Any
Hacks very well could split the vote and allow Curtis and Gilpin to win, but my instinct is Leslie Bibb takes this for having the most outrageous lines in her episode. "Deborah do you strap?" I still laugh thinking about it. 

GUEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Michael J. Fox, Shrinking
Brett Goldstein, Shrinking
Hamish Linklater, Widow's Bay
Christopher McDonald, Hacks
Rob Reiner, The Bear
Connor Storrie, Saturday Night Live
Who will win: Rob Reiner or Michael J Fox.
Who should win: Hamish Linklater
I usually don't do "or" picks in who I think will win, but I'm pretty torn between the two.

OUTSTANDING LIMITED OR ANTHOLOGY SERIES
All Her Fault
The Beast in Me
BEEF
DTF St. Louis
Love Story
Who will win: DTF St. Louis
Who should win: The Beast In Me
Voters clearly loved this show and it was better than BEEF. Personally, I think The Beast in Me is the strongest, but I don't see it winning here. 

OUTSTANDING TELEVISION MOVIE
Heads of State
Miss You, Love You
People We Meet on Vacation
Remarkably Bright Creatures
Jack Ryan: Ghost War
Who will win: Remarkably Bright Creatures

LEAD ACTRESS IN A LIMITED OR ANTHOLOGY SERIES, OR MOVIE
Claire Danes, The Beast in Me
Sally Field, Remarkably Bright Creatures
Carey Mulligan, BEEF
Sarah Pidgeon, Love Story
Sarah Snook, All Her Fault
Who will and should win: Sarah Snook
Despite All Her Fault not being a very good show overall, Snook is amazing in it and they've rewarded her before. One could say the same with Claire Danes, but I think Snook was stronger. 

LEAD ACTOR IN A LIMITED OR ANTHOLOGY SERIES, OR MOVIE
Riz Ahmed, Bait
Jason Bateman, Black Rabbit
Charlie Hunnam, Monster: The Ed Gein Story
Oscar Isaac, BEEF
Matthew Rhys, The Beast in Me
Who will and should win: Matthew Rhys
Yes, I see him winning twice tonight. Especially since they didn't nominate the real best actor in a limited series this season, Jamie Bell for Half Man or put the DTF St. Louis guys in the right category. 

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED OR ANTHOLOGY SERIES, OR MOVIE
Linda Cardellini, DTF St. Louis
Dakota Fanning, All Her Fault
Laurie Metcalf, Monster: The Ed Gein Story
Joy Sunday, DTF: St. Louis
Youn Yuh-jung, BEEF
Constance Zimmer, Love Story
Who will and should win: Linda Cardellini
She's beloved and was excellent in this show. I really want her or Dakota Fanning to win personally, but think Linda has the edge just because the show overall was better. 

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED OR ANTHOLOGY SERIES, OR MOVIE
Jason Bateman, DTF St. Louis
Richard Gadd, Half Man
David Harbour, DTF St. Louis
Richard Jenkins, DTF St. Louis
Charles Melton, BEEF
Nick Offerman, Death by Lightning
Who will win: David Harbour
Who should win: Richard Gadd 
I do not think Harbour is supporting, but he does give the best performance in DTF St. Louis and was nominated several times for Stranger Things, so I can see this being his moment. If DTF splits votes, Gadd and Offerman are also previous winners that would deserve this too.  I just feel like it's Harbour's.

OUTSTANDING SCRIPTED VARIETY SERIES
The Daily Show 
Jimmy Kimmel Live! 
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver 
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert 
Saturday Night Live 
Who will win: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
Who should win: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Look, Colbert went through some shit this year, and I think they'll reward him for that even though John Oliver's show has always been stronger. Hopefully they'll pick up the Writing win at least. I can't be mad at Colbert winning either, I love that guy too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum

Thursday Movie Picks: The New Kid at School

Review: Lilies Not For Me