Random Ramblings: Midnight Movies

I haven't been able to sleep for more than a few hours for the past week. The result of this is watching a lot of random movies and TV Shows. Instead of writing individual reviews, I decided to give some quick thoughts on the films I've come across in the middle of the night. Yes, they are very random.

Catch Me If You Can - This is a movie that most people love that I really don't like. I almost feel bad for not liking it because it's got a lot of qualities that I look for in movies. It's like running a marathon, this movie is never ending. It feels longer than it's 140 run time. I swear I watched this movie from midnight all the way to 6:00 am.

Defiance - I finally got around to finishing this movie. Interesting story, nice score, horrible pacing. Another movie that felt like it was 5 hours long. Have you ever read the IMDb message boards for Defiance? There's a lot of bigots and racists on there. I hate it when stupid people get a hold of computers.

Rock-A-Doodle - I initially laughed when I saw this was on, I loved this movie as a kid. I figured I'd prepare myself for when my child wants me to watch cartoons with him. I instantly regret making my father watch this with me over and over again. Edmond's voice drove me up the wall. Not to mention the songs are horrible.

The Ice Storm - I love this movie and could watch it over and over again.

Star Trek - I've spent the majority of my life making fun of Star Trek because so many of my family members love it. Then I found myself enjoying the movie way more than I should've.

Up In The Air - I've watched this 3 times in the past few weeks. THREE TIMES! I could probably watch it again right now. I don't even like George Clooney that much, I don't understand why this film draws me in the way it does.

True Blood - This show is like crack. I don't like the current vampire phase, but I'm all about this show. I love the fact that Eric and Sookie finally hooked up. It's about damn time, it's almost sad when your rooting for two people to have sex as badly as I was for those two. Jason's storyline has gotten better, Lafayette's has gotten worse. I don't like where Sam and Tommy are going. I cannot stand Tommy at all. Whenever he's the most vulnerable, I start to almost care about him, then he goes and does something dickish and I hate him all over again. I wish someone would just kill him already. They should've killed him last season.

Breaking Bad - I can't stand Skyler White. It's a shame the last episode focused on her so much. Give me more of Jesse and Walt. I love the intensity of this season though.

Rescue Me - A piss poor 6th seasons leads into a piss poor 7th and final season. I hate how this show has fallen. I LOVED this show when it first came out and I've been a loyal viewer since. It's just really hard to keep defending a show when you know how awful it's become. I've always hated the majority of the female characters on this show, but this season they are even worse. I don't care about Janet, Sheila, Colleen or Katie at all. Kelly is the only female character that's not a raging bitch. I hope this ends with Tommy leaving all of them for Kelly. I also hope they focus more on the guys in the fire house. The best scenes are when they are all together.

Shark Week - This is what is on TV now as I type. Why are sharks just so damn fascinating?

WWE - CM Punk is the best thing going on right now. I've always been a huge fan, I'm loving the spotlight on him.

MLB Baseball -  To call the Minnesota Twins' season a disappointment would be an understatement. I was hoping they'd somehow rally and have a chance at the post season. I don't see that happening anymore. I'd love to be wrong. On a side note, I've really gotten in to watching Intentional Talk on MLB Network. That show is pretty hilarious, though I don't understand why everyone hates on Chris Rose so much.

Splice - I didn't care much for this movie the first time I saw it and liked it even less the 2nd. Adrian Brody is an Oscar winner..now he's fucking aliens.

Tadpole - I'm pretty sure this movie was shot with a Super 8 camera on a $100.00 budget.

Iron Man 2 - I enjoyed the movie, but still can't get over how cheesy Scarlett Johansson's character gets at the end.

Hall Pass - This movie is designed to tell you how much marriage sucks without being original at all. I like being married, it's not horrible. I'm over this cliche.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum