DVD Review: Attack The Block

Allow it.

Normally I have a special place in my heart for low budget horror/sci fi movies. So when I came across this on Netflix, I figured I'd give it a go. Bad idea.

Moses (John Boyega) leads a gang of teenage thugs. While they're mugging a woman (Jodie Whittaker) a strange being falls from the sky. They kill it and realize that it is an alien. When more of these creatures come to earth, they must protect their beloved block and step up and fight. Nick Frost also has a small part as a neighborhood drug dealer, and he's not in it nearly enough.

The main probably I had was this film was not the acting, not the special effects, or even the dialogue. It was the character's themselves. Why on earth would I care about a group of little pricks getting attacked by aliens? Especially when the first scene of the film is them mugging an innocent woman? Even if the characters do some what "redeem" themselves, and I use that term loosely. I still couldn't care less about them. I can give the film credit for trying to think outside the box and put the would be antagonists front and center, but that's what truly ruined this for me.

Recommended: No

Grade: D

Memorable Quote: "Aren't you going to thank me for saving your life? - Moses (John Boyega)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum