How's social distancing going for everyone? How are my fellow non-teachers adjusting to now being official homeschooling parents? It's been an interesting couple of weeks. While I've been fortunate enough to work from home, my 8 year old has been watching a plethora of garbage while I'm doing my job. I thought I'd share my observations for the shows he's choosing to watch right now.
1) Boss Baby: Back In Business - Yes, there's a Boss Baby series on Netflix and my kid has watched all three seasons more than once. He loves it. He says it's "funny" and I cannot for the life of me understand why. I will say the voice actors are pretty good at sounding like the ones they got for the movie, and I suppose I should credit this show with helping him understand the concept of "seasons" but this is unbearable every time it's playing when I'm in the room.
2) We Bare Bears - I'm not going to lie, this show is pretty amusing. It's on Cartoon Network but all the past seasons are also available to watch on Netflix. This is one of those cartoons like the Amazing World of Gumball where you can tell the creators were children in the 80's/90's. It just feels more balanced on being good for kids, while not driving adults my age insane. I appreciate this.
3) Teen Titans Go! - I hate to admit it but this show is growing on me. I feel compelled to hate it because the Teen Titans cartoon that aired in the early aughts was really good but I'd be lying if I said this show didn't make me laugh out loud several times.
4) The Angry Birds Movie 2 - They must pay these actors well because I cannot believe they're all in something as painfully unfunny as this movie.
5) Trolls: The Beat Goes On - Yes, Netflix also has a Trolls series that has gone on for EIGHT SEASONS. My son had a big ol' crush on Poppy when the movie came out and even though he insists that's not the case now, I'm sure that's why he watches it.