Review: Red, White and Royal Blue


Alex Claremont-Diaz (Taylor Zakhar Perez) is the charismatic son of the President of the United States. (Uma Thurman) Prince Henry of England (Nicholas Galitzine) was rude to him at a party once and Alex has not let that go. After a very public confrontation, they are forced to reconcile, but what it leads to instead is a solid friendship and eventually a forbidden romance. 

I have never read the hit novel this is based on and I was sure this was going to be some Lifetime-y insufferable bullshit but damn it, I was wrong! It was so cute.

Maybe I was just starved for an adorable gay romance because we don't get nearly enough of those, but as corny as this was it completely worked for me. The leads had a lovely chemistry and I completely bought into everything, even when it was almost too sugary sweet. They still felt like fully fleshed out characters and not a stack of tropes. Plenty of the comedic bits hit as well, which is always appreciated.

If only we could be in a timeline where Uma Thurman is president and the real Prince Henry of England isn't whiny man-baby. Until then, this is available to watch on Amazon Prime and is certainly worth it.

Grade: B

Comments

  1. Uma Thurman as president.... HELL YEAH!!! I'm sure she would do a much better job than Biden and the last fuck-head who was in the White House. I'm not sure about seeing this film but I might watch it eventually.

    BTW, the reason England lost the Women's World Cup this year is because Prince William and Princess Katherine decided not to show up because of their vacation yet the Queen and Princess of Spain did show up. Spanish Royal Family>>>>>>>>>>>British Royal Family.

    Oh, and here is a SPOILER! The Men's U.S. national team will the World Cup before England wins a 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know nothing about the Spanish Royal Family lol. I'm shocked Spain won. The entire Women's World Cup just did not go the way I thought it would aside from England making it to the finals.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on that it was a cute, pleasant rom/com. But it was very flyaway and after that one watch I'm good, it's nothing I'll revisit. Uma was fun as the Commander in Chief but they wasted Clifton Collins, Jr. as the First Gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, for a minute I thought he was going to have zero lines at all.

      Delete
  3. Whiny man- baby...LOL. hahaaaa. I haven't heard of this. It sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trailer looks cute but as soon as I saw it's the guy from the abominable Kissing Booth movie, I was like nah! Seems like a wish fulfillment movie to have a US president who looks like Uma Thurman, ahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never bothered with the Kissing Both movies but I'm fairly sure this is probably better.

      Delete
    2. Oh, ANYTHING has got to be better than the abominable Kissing Booth movies!! Good thing Jacob Elordi gets more film work now, he's absolutely wasted in those flicks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum