2011 Emmy Nominations + My Thoughts

Here's a list of the 2011 Emmy nominations. As always, my thoughts are in green after the categories. Snark Alert: Breaking Bad wasn't eligible to be nominated and I'm going to keep bringing that up until the awards show airs.

Drama Series"Boardwalk Empire"
"Dexter"
"Friday Night Lights"
"Game of Thrones"
"The Good Wife"
"Mad Men"

Again, Breaking Bad didn't qualify, so I'm guessing that's how Game of Thrones got in there. Still, that's a good show and I'm glad it did. I personally would've replaced FNL with True Blood. I'm hoping Boardwalk Empire takes it. That show is wonderful.

Drama, Lead ActorSteve Buscemi, "Boardwalk Empire"
Kyle Chandler, "Friday Night Lights"
Michael C. Hall, "Dexter"
Jon Hamm, "Mad Men"
Hugh Laurie, "House"
Timothy Olyphant, "Justified"
The list of men that now have a chance since Bryan Cranston isn't nominated! I'm pulling for Buscemi. I don't understand how Friday Night Lights keeps getting nominations. Someone on Twitter brought up a good point. Hugh Laurie isn't the only actor that's great at playing a crazy genius. Then they brought up John Noble from Fringe. I have no idea why the Emmys hate Fringe so much. I don't watch the show regularly, but every episode I've seen of it has been pretty damn good.


Drama, Lead ActressKathy Bates, "Harry's Law"
Connie Britton, "Friday Night Lights"
Mireille Enos, "The Killing"
Mariska Hargitay, "Law and Order: SVU"
Julianna Margulies, "The Good Wife"
Elisabeth Moss, "Mad Men"
This is, I believe Mariska Hargitay's last season on SVU.  I expect they'll just give her this Emmy.


Comedy Series"30 Rock"
"The Big Bang Theory"
"Glee"
"Modern Family"
"The Office"
"Parks and Recreation"

I'm very pleased The Big Bang Theory got in here! I still need to see what Modern Family is all about. Glee..eh. Not a Glee fan.Comedy, Lead ActorAlec Baldwin, "30 Rock"
Louis C.K., "Louie"
Steve Carell, "The Office"
Johnny Galecki, "The Big Bang Theory"
Matt LeBlanc, "Episodes"
Jim Parsons, "The Big Bang Theory"
I'm really happy that both Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki got nominated for BBT. Sure, Parsons is the best on the show, but it's nice to see him share the spotlight for a chance. Johnny had a great season. I can't believe Louis C.K got in there! That's awesome, I've caught Louie after watching Rescue Me a few times, and he's a funny guy. FX doesn't seem like it gets a lot of Emmy love, so it's cool to see him in there.


Comedy, Lead ActressEdie Falco, "Nurse Jackie"
Tina Fey, "30 Rock"
Laura Linney, "The Big C"
Melissa McCarthy, "Mike and Molly"
Martha Plimpton, "Raising Hope"
Amy Poehler, "Parks and Recreation"
Great list. Go Tina Fey.


Comedy, Supporting ActorTy Burrell, "Modern Family"
Chris Colfer, "Glee"
Jon Cryer, "Two and a Half Men"
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, "Modern Family"
Ed O'Neill, "Modern Family"
Eric Stonestreet, "Modern Family"

Again, I really need to start watching Modern Family. Haven't heard a bad thing about it.
Comedy, Supporting ActressJulie Bowen, "Modern Family"
Jane Krakowski, "30 Rock"
Jane Lynch, "Glee"
Sofia Vergara, "Modern Family"
Betty White, "Hot in Cleveland"
Kristen Wiig, "Saturday Night Live"
I'm sick of Betty White. I thought this fad was over?


Drama, Supporting ActorAndre Braugher, "Men of a Certain Age"
Josh Charles, "The Good Wife"
Alan Cumming, "The Good Wife"
Peter Dinklage, "Game of Thrones"
Walton Goggins, "Justified"
John Slattery, "Mad Men"
The fact that Dennis O'hare wasn't nominated for True Blood is a bunch of crap. Even if it might be a little erotic for the Emmys, you can't tell me O'Hare's Newsroom scene alone didn't deserve a nomination.


Drama, Supporting ActressChristine Baranski, "The Good Wife"
Michelle Forbes, "The Killing"
Christina Hendricks, "Mad Men"
Kelly Macdonald, "Boardwalk Empire"
Margo Martindale, "Justified"
Archie Panjabi, "The Good Wife"

I'm glad Kelly Macdonald is in there!

TV Movie or miniseries"Cinema Verité"
"Downton Abbey"
"The Kennedys"
"Mildred Pierce"
"Pillars of the Earth"
"Too Big To Fail"

The only once I've seen is Mildred Pierce. (which was fantastic) I'm surprised The Kennedys is in there since everyone ripped on it so much when it first came out.

Lead Actor in a Miniseries or TV MovieEdgar Ramirez, "Carlos"
Greg Kinnear, "The Kennedys"
Barry Pepper, "The Kennedys"
Idris Elba, "Luther"
Laurence Fishburne, "Thurgood"
William Hurt, "Too Big To Fail"


Lead Actress in a Miniseries or TV MovieDiane Lane, "Cinema Verite"
Elizabeth McGovern, "Downton Abbey (Masterpiece)"
Kate Winslet, "Mildred Pierce"
Taraji P. Henson, "Taken From Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story"
Jean Marsh, "Upstairs Downstairs (Masterpiece)"

Kate Winslet is an Emmy nominee! Hopefully she'll be an Emmy winner too. Is there anything she can't do?

Reality Competition"The Amazing Race"
"American Idol"
"Dancing With the Stars"
"Project Runway"
"So You Think You Can Dance"
"Top Chef"
Reality HostTom Bergeron, "Dancing With the Stars"
Cat Deeley, "So You Think You Can Dance"
Phil Keoghan, "The Amazing Race"
Jeff Probst, "Survivor"
Ryan Seacrest, "American Idol"

I love Tom Bergeron. Even though I didn't watch DWTS this year, or any of these shows for that matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum