It's Christopher Nolan's Birthday!


It's been a LONG time since I've done one of my "birthday posts." I don't even want to look through my archives to see when the last one was, it will just be embarrassing. I haven't got to see as many new movies as I usually do these past weeks and I am in need of some content. Luckily it happens to be one of my all time favorite director's birthdays...

Happy Birthday Christopher Nolan!


1) My favorite film: The Dark Knight. After viewing the brilliant Dark Knight Rises last week, it took me awhile to decide which one I liked better. I'm going to have to go with this one. Batman Begins was good, but his follow up was fantastic. It's rare that sequels one up the original and this film had everything going for it. Great story, intense action, one hell of a villain, magic tricks, (Do you want to see me make this pencil disappear?) phenomenal score, and it never slowed down. Crafted to perfection all around.


2) My least favorite: Insomnia. The Words "Christopher Nolan" and "least favorite" don't really go hand in hand in my opinion, but since I have to pick one, I'll go with Insomnia. Maybe it's because Nolan didn't write it himself, it's quite lackluster compared to the rest of his work.


3) Most bizarre/fun/random film: Inception. "Bizarre" describes Nolan's Inception well. Inception was my favorite movie of 2010 and for good reason. Nolan takes us deep within his world, through the layers and layers, and when we're finished all we can do is sit back and say "wow." I remember reading a Tweet that said "My mind is walking bow-legged cause Christopher Nolan fucked it so hard." That sums this film up perfectly.


4) Most Underrated: The Prestige. I'm sure a lot of you thought I would say Memento. I considered it, but when I think about it, EVERY Nolan fan mentions Memento right away as being one of the best, but not everyone brings up The Prestige. This was a great film. I saw it around the same time I saw The Illusionist and The Prestige wiped the floor with it. It was a great metaphor for the film itself, The Prestige, like the third act, was amazing and like nothing I've ever seen.



5) Film to see: Following. I've never seen the full film, and I just recently read a review on it that reminded me to finish it. Thankfully it's on Netflix Instant.

What are your favorite Nolan films?

Comments

  1. My favorite film has to be Inception, closely followed by the tie of TDK and TDKR. My least favorite is Insomnia, too. And the most underrated is Following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite -- hands-down -- is Memento. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! A fellow The Prestige fan :) My top 2 favorites would go in this order: 1) The Prestige, 2) Inception, and 3) Memento.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum