DVD Review: 2 Days In New York

Just a love story with a happy ending.
When I first saw the previews for 2 Days in New York, I didn't realize it was a sequel to a film called 2 Days in Paris. It wasn't until my fellow bloggers started reviewing this that I realized. You don't need to see 2 Days in Paris to appreciate 2 Days in New York, but I'll get to that later.

Marion (Julie Delpy) and Mingus (Chris Rock) are a couple living with their two children - both from previous relationships in New York City. Marion's father and sister are coming to visit from France. Mingus is meeting them for the first time. Cultural differences clash, and there's the added pressure of Marion's upcoming art show.

Prepare yourself for a lot of bickering, the cast argues their way through the entire film. That's where a lot of the subtle humor takes place. It could've easily been over done, but it worked. Like I said previously, you won't be lost if you don't see 2 Days in Paris, but I certainly want to see it. Perhaps it will give more insight on why Marion is such a spaz. (That's not a criticism, I enjoyed that about her character) Chris Rock; although he does a lot of awful films is always a joy to watch in my opinion. I loved him here. The dialogue was great, but parts of the script really lacked. There's a spot towards the end that felt overly dramatic.

Recommended: Yes

Grade: B

Memorable Quote: "He called me fake daddy again." - Mingus (Chris Rock)

Comments

  1. This sounds like a fun movie. Nice review! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum