Captain America Blogathon

Andy from Fandango Groovers is back with another one of his fantastic blogathons! This time, he asks what 10 movies would we recommend to Steve Rodgers, aka Captain America, who had been frozen for so long. I thought about this for a minute. I could recommend my top 10 favorite movies to insure that he has impeccable taste, but I figured I should be fair, and recommend a wide variety of different films so he can get the feel for multiple genres. So here we go. Thanks for hosting, Andy!

1) American Beauty - This is a good movie.



2) The Room - This is a bad movie.



3) To Kill A Mockingbird - This is a classic masterpiece.



4) Inception - This is a modern masterpiece.



5) The Exorcist - This is a scary movie.*




6) Step Brothers - This is a funny movie.



7) Only God Forgives - This is a pretentious movie.



8) Her - This is a thought provoking movie.



9) WALL-E - This is great animation.



10) Lord of the Rings - These are great book to movie adaptations.




bonus: The Dark Knight - This is the Joker. Be lucky that you are in the Marvel-verse and will never have to deal with him.



*It literally took me like 20 minutes to pick out that Exorcist gif because all the other ones of Regan kept freaking me out.

Comments

  1. Gotta love gifs!

    I didn't realize it was a list for Captain America. I thought it was just a list for anyone who had been frozen for that long. Oh well. This is a great list.

    I'd have to watch a few of these with him, since there are a few I haven't seen here :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the room? Because I'd really love to read your review on that.

      Delete
    2. I haven't! I almost did last year when I did the 5 Obstructions blogathon because we were supposed to interview someone and I know someone (not on a personal level, but I know him) who worked on the art department for The Room and so I was going to watch the film and interview him about it, but I ran out of time and I needed to throw something together, so I went another route. I need to see that film though. I hear it is the definition of AWFUL!

      Delete
    3. You need to see it. I've seen it twice, once sober, and once not. I had two totally different opinions afterwards.

      Delete
  2. Fun gifs here Brittani! I love the variety here, ahah that last one w/ the Joker is hilarious. Yeah, Capt is lucky he doesn't have to deal with him! Love the inclusion of HER, he'll be sooo confused if SHIELD sets him up with an OS with Black Widow's voice, ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God, I didn't even think of the connection in Her. That's hilarious!

      Delete
  3. That is a great list. So far, I have 8 films in the list as I need 2 more to complete the list as I'm going for something eclectic where there's art-house but also something that is accessible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picks! You touched on just about any kind of film that he'd need to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did miss the "depressing" category. I'd have to recommend Away From Her there. (Since I haven't see Amour)

      Delete
  5. Great list! Some of this are on my list - I have yet to finish it, still lacking two more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great List! Any list that includes Inception and calls it a masterpiece wins in my book. :)

    I also like you including bad films like "Don't go anywhere near him". He needs to know that too right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I also think everyone should experience The Room. That movie is in it's own league of bad.

      Delete
  7. Love the choices and the way you summarized Only God Forgives :)

    No TV post this week? I saw shitstorm on twitter regarding TWD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, last week's episode was actually great, but I kind of lost the will to write about TWD because it's been SO bad lately. I felt like all I was doing was bitching.

      Delete
    2. *Edit* Now I wrote something on it that I will post tomorrow. I guess I needed a little shove. lol

      Delete
  8. This is a good idea for a post.. I am going to ponder on this and will probably join up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Andy always comes up with great ideas for Blogathons.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum