Rambling TV: Thoughts on The Walking Dead




After last week's episode, The Grove ripped everyone's hearts out, we were treated with something a little more uplifting in the form of Us

The best part of the episode was the focus on Glenn's group. Glenn is one of my favorites and he's really elevated Tara for me as a character. I wasn't too keen on her in 4A, but her loyalty to Glenn is very moving. Glenn got to reunite with Maggie, which was adorable, despite the fact that I think Maggie is kind of a bore. She tells him "You'll never need a picture of me again." as she burns the one of her sleeping. Yeah, That's not going to come back and bite you in the ass or anything.

I loved how Maggie hugged Tara to thank her as well, but I'm a little worried about Glenn lying about who she is. Rick and Michonne are going to recognize her for sure when they all meet up.

Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene have got to be some of the best casted people on this show. The comic relief they provided was hilarious. More of that please.

We saw Rick for the first time in a few weeks, but only for a minute. At least he smiled!


Daryl's story line continues to bore the hell out of me, but the marauders he's traveling with are hot on Rick, Carl and Michonne's tails.

Next week's preview is focused heavily on Rick, Carl, Michonne and Daryl. I knew it would be, and I know we're in for some action. I just hope that we get to check in with the other groups. It would be incredibly stupid NOT too, but I'm still a little nervous.

Here's how I think the finale will play out. I think Rick's group will run into the Marauders and Daryl early on, Rick will probably brutally kill them. Then they move on to Terminus to deal with the obvious threat there. The ending is hopfully Carol handing Judith to Rick.



Give me a hug like this again, damn it! I also think the "cliffhanger" we're supposed to get will be Beth tied up somewhere. Or her dead body after she's been served to Maggie and co for dinner. (What, there was a cannibal story in the comics!)

On a side note, how many of these memes have you seen since The Grove aired? Too many to count?







*gifs are not mine. 

Comments

  1. i noticed that awkwardness between tara and glenn when maggie showed up too. wonder how they will explain that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully she'll be part of the "We get to come back from what we've done" theme, and they won't give her too much shit when they find out she was with The Governor. She's redeemed herself.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum