Thursday Movie Picks - Oscar Edition: Best Costume Design/Best Makeup & Hairstyling
It's another Oscar edition over at Wandering Through The Shelves and this month we're talking about costumes and Makeup/Hairstyling. Makeup ended up being harder for me because I had already used a few of my favorites, so here's what I came up with.
1) Black Panther - Comic book movies are often overlooked in non special effects categories to seeing this film win for its absolutely stunning costumes was such a nice feeling.
2) Moulin Rouge! - The costumes in this are everything. Bright, sparkly and fun, just like the musical.
3) Some Like It Hot - I had to go with one black and white pick, and this one is hands down my favorite win. This movie is so fun.
Makeup & Hairstyling
1) Mrs. Doubtfire - The makeup in this family classic still holds up. Of course I have a soft spot for this for nostalgia purposes but you can't deny that Robin William's Mrs. Doubtfire costume still looks great.
2) Star Trek - I unapologetically love the Star Trek reboots. I was never able to get into the older ones, despite constantly being around people who loved them, but I fell in love with these right away and they deserved this win.
3) The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - The makeup artists who had to create all those looks for the Orcs 100% deserve this win. Can you imagine how time consuming this was?