Review: Bullet Train


Ladybug (Brat Pitt) is bestowed with that unfortunate code name as he's about to do what he thinks will be a simple "snatch and go" job aboard Japan's bullet train. He soon realizes he's not the only one after that bounty.

I can't said I had much of an opinion on Bullet Train. The trailers looked fun enough, and it's full of actors I enjoy, but it never did make my "must see" list. Clearly I'm a clown because this movie was awesome.

Know what you're in for. It's goofy as hell, occasionally gory, and feels an awful lot like a Guy Richie movie at times. I had so much fun watching it. Most of that is due to Pitt and Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Brian Tyree Henry, who play a pair of British assassins also aboard the bullet train. Their banter is absolutely hilarious and I would watch hours upon hours of their adventures. I wasn't expecting to laugh at this nearly as much as I did.

I daresay I had about as much fun with this as I did Top Gun: Maverick, which is saying something. This movie definitely isn't perfect, and the story it weaves together does get a bit out of hand at times, but I had a great time at the movies and what more could I really ask for?

So is this for you? If you're in the mood for something silly with a ton of charismatic actors, then go check this out. Be ready for some fun cameos too.

Grade: A

Comments

  1. This sounds right up my alley. It looked like a fun flick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to like it sooo much, but I left it exhausted. It definitely seems like one of those movies that either works for you or it doesn't. Not a lot of middle ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see that. For me it was so fun. I'm sorry it exhausted you!

      Delete
  3. I think I'll wait for it on a streaming service soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth the theater watch, but I understand.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum