Rambling TV: Thoughts on Game of Thrones, Agents of SHIELD + more

Game of Thrones

The acting in this episode was wonderful. Wow, I just loved it.

King's Landing: Cersei going full bitch at the Small Council was great, but I hate how pussy whipped they are still making Jaime.

The Inn - Littlefinger, his TBI, and Sansa really bothered me in this episode with their snobbish behavior, but not as much as it bothered me that Brienne didn't even mention Arya was alive. Why the fuck would you not say that? Or bring Pod with you, Sansa might be comforted in seeing him! Ugh.

Dorne - Yes Areo and Doran! Beautiful water gardens. Ellaria needs to chill the fuck out.

On the way to Volantis - Varys praising Tyrion for his duties as hand gave me life. And Tyrion almost drinking the bug. "You might accidentally eat something solid." lol

The Wall - These were my favorite scenes of the episode. I loved Shireen teaching Gilly to read. Jon's scene with Stannis, and Jon being elected Lord Commander. It was perfect.

Meereen - Dany, what the fuck? Go free Viserion and Rhaegal while you're at it.

Braavos - The opening credits spoiled Jaquen's return, but I loved Arya in these scenes. She gives zero fucks. 

Agents of SHIELD

Fitz is about to psych out some bitches and now I have to wait until next week to see it.

This episode really about May. We got to see why she's called "The Calvary" and how loving she used to be before she was hardened by her job. I loved this. Ming-Na Wen is amazing.

We also find out what Raina's power is, and Skye is all happy with her equally terrible actor family. Quaint.

19 Kids and Counting.
They just stitched together a bunch of old episodes, fuck you TLC. You made me witness Josh's awful singing at his wedding again. Beer me. 

Veep
That scene with Selena and Gary though! I went from laughing to thinking I was going to start crying in a millisecond. Give those two Emmys, now.  "I am your calender. I am your Google. I am your Wilson the Volleyball!"

Comments

  1. I'm getting so tired of the Dugger's complete milking of their own success by not offering us anything new. Like, every other week has an episode of past episodes squished together. I don't want to relive those nightmares!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? They're reaching. Personally I think they should follow around Josh at his hate group job so the world can see what he actually does.

      Delete
  2. The Wall scenes were so good! Harington is slaying it this season

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lost reading this. I know nothing about any of it. You still entertained me though. great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. To be fair, my Rambling TV posts never really make sense. They're just all my thoughts in one place.

      Delete
  4. That certainly was a strange development on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I was a bit puzzled by how Skye's mother could be present when she was presumably killed by Whitehall, but apparently she survived her vivisection and Whitehall consuming some parts of her and Cal was able to stitch her back together. I presume that this will eventually make more sense but it was still an odd twist. Cal also seemed to remind me at times of the possessed Dale Cooper seen in the infamous cliffhanger ending of Twin Peaks.

    As for Game of Thrones, there was definitely a lot going on. Knowing Littlfinger, he probably has his own reasons for holding onto Sansa and won't let her go so easily. Considering he is also notorious for stabbing everyone in the back that probably explains why Brienne was reluctant to travel with him, and my guess is she devised her exit strategy expecting that Littlefinger wouldn't let Sansa go and that he might try to kill her (which he did). They were planning to follow them anyway, so perhaps Brienne wants to find out what Littlefinger is up to.

    I was a bit surprised when Arya ended up at that strange building, since she wanted to go to the wall. I'm guessing she has some sort of plan involving that guy who helped her kill all those other guys.

    Jon Snow being elected Lord Commander also seemed to make sense, and it certainly showed a powerful moment in his characterization. I guess that leaves the question of what he is going to do now that he is in charge but Stannis has assumed rule over the north.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As savvy as Sansa is getting, I still don't think she has an exist strategy planned. I think for her right now, any place other than KL is better. She'll be in for a rude awakening.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum