DVD Review: Top Five

Tupac. Biggie. Eminem. Nas. Jay-Z...Ludacris at 6 (seriously)

Andre Allen (Chris Rock) is a former comedian and huge franchise star that is desperate to be taken seriously. He has a controversial new drama out that no one seems to care about. They only care about his impending marriage to a reality TV star, Erica. (Gabriella Union) Andre spends a day walking around New York City with journalist Chelsea (Rosario Dawson) who's trying to get a good story.

I've always been a fan of Chris Rock, especially his stand up. His movies might not always be for me, but this one was surprisingly funny There's a lot of cameos from other great comedians as well. Rock doesn't miss a beat and Dawson is perfect for the part she's playing.

It does tread into typical waters towards the end, but the humor makes it enjoyable. 

Recommended: Yes

Grade: B

Memorable Quote: "He said 'I wouldn't see his movie if it were playing on my glasses.'" - Andre (Chris Rock) 

Comments

  1. I thought this was pretty decent too. Ironically though, I thought that in a movie filled with comedians, the funniest cameo may have been DMX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling myself to watch this...and then I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie! It's one of my faves from last year. And the DMX part is pure gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review, I liked this one too. And I love your top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think he's also very inciteful in this movie, very chris rock of him. like you, i don't care for his movies (but love his standup). but i found this to be very smart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite film outings from him for sure.

      Delete
  6. I don't think I've seen Rock in a movie, but I do enjoy his stand-up. I should check out this film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good one. Two Days in New York is a newer one of his I enjoyed too.

      Delete
  7. I'm kinda like Drew on this one. I want to watch it, but I keep finding other movies to see instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it. It's not the best out there, but good enough if you get the time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum