What I Watched on TV in June
This month was tough. I had a lot personal things going on, so I left my DVR and streaming lists collect my TV shows while I dealt with that. Eventually I'll catch up with Pose and The Bad Batch. Maybe I'll start Kevin Can F--- Himself, but I didn't watch a ton this month.
The Handmaid's Tale - I finished this in 3 days. I'm torn how I feel on this over all. I should split it up into pro's and cons. Spoilers, obviously
1) Fred got what he deserved. That was satisfying.
2) June finally made it to Canada, and her testimony at Fred's trial was one of the best scenes of the season.
3) Commander Lawrence still had something to do. He's probably the most intriguing character on the show right now. I'd love to see some flashbacks from his life prior to Gilead.
4) I missed seeing June and Moira together, so their scenes were nice.
5) This show does a fabulous job of making you love both June and Luke and June and Nick. Both sets of couples have so many strong points and it's sad that someone is going to get their heart broken
6) Mckenna Grace was a depressing, but interesting addition to the show.
7) June telling Serena "I brought myself here".
1) Alma AND Brianna? What the fuck was that?
2) What is the point of keeping Janine around if she's going back to the red center? If you needed a handmaid to focus on, you shouldn't have killed all the ones we knew.
3) STOP with the close ups of Elisabeth Moss's face. She directed two episodes this season and she still did that. You think she'd give herself a brake.
4) The story needs to move beyond June. There's only so much she can do without it getting repetitive. Let her take a back seat next season. Focus on Hannah, or Emily, or Moira. We need new protagonists.
5) Serena needs to be sent back to Gilead or I will never be happy again. I just don't want her to have nice things.
6) While I'm glad Fred is gone, I'm going to miss Joseph Fiennes. This season really reminded me how well Yvonne/Joseph/Elisabeth played off each other in the first two seasons and I got a little nostalgic for their previous acting.
Loki - This show has some interesting breadcrumbs for the MCU. Like the time keepers, the massive destruction that is coming in the future, and what not, but I'm not loving it as much as Wandavision or Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Hiddleston is really hamming it up. Wunmi Mosaku, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, and Owen Wilson are currently my favorite parts of the show. I really like the retro set designs, but the lighting on this show is awful. I have to watch it in a pitch black room or else I can't see anything properly. Still, I'm having a good time watching it.