Review: Glass Onion


Detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) is back to solve another mystery. This time, a tech billionaire Miles (Edward Norton) has invited his friends to his private island in Greece during the middle of the pandemic to solve a murder mystery game. Of course, it ends up being much more than that.

I loved Knives Out and I fully support Rian Johnson making a Benoit Blanc cinematic universe. The character is just great and watching him shine again was a delight.

Again, Johnson is taking on the rich, but this time he's also taking on influencer culture and performative activism as a whole. This is one of those movies that's going to benefit from rewatching just to catch all clues you missed. I liked it immediately after watching it, but the more I saw with it, and talked about it with folx online, the more I loved it.

Craig lays it on thick at the beginning but eventually finds his groove and it's just a joy to see him again. Janelle Monae is the star this time around. I loved watching her and the final shot of her is just...*chef's kiss*

I can't wait for the third installment.

Grade: B+

Comments

  1. I really want to see this. I’m so late in commenting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you stopped by to comment! I don't get many lol

      Delete
  2. I just saw it... and give me Knives Out 3! I had a ball watching this as I love the intrigue and twists. Plus, Daniel Craig is just great and Janelle Monae FUCKING killed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum