Thursday Movie Picks - TV Edition: Amnesia

 

The final TMP of 2022 is here! And we're closing out with a TV edition about amnesia at Wandering Through The Shelves. This ended up being harder than I thought. I kept thinking of movies, but not TV shows. Here's what I managed to come up with. 


1) The Sinner -
I only watched the first season of this show but from what I remember Jessica Biel's character couldn't recall why she murdered someone so we're counting it here. 


2) Full House -
One of the most memorable episodes of this show for me was later in its run when Michelle falls off a horse and loses her memories for a few days. It sticks out because it was one of the few times both Olsen twins were on screen together.


3) Black Mirror (White Bear) -
This might be a stretch because the show eventually explains how this happens, but I'm struggling here. In the episode titled White Bear, the lead character cannot remember a thing about her past or why people are trying to kill her. 

Comments

  1. I haven't seen the other shows but I have seen that finale in Full House as I did enjoy Michelle being annoyed at everyone hugging each other. This was one of the few times the Olsen twins shared a screen. I think my favorite moment when they shared the screen together where one of them played the good girl and other played the bad girl as Michelle's conscious. I think it was Mary-Kate that played the evil Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was another one where a twin played a foreign person I believe? I just remember they stuck one of them in a really bad black wig.

      Delete
    2. Yes! It is the episode where Grandpa Papouli and his wife showed up with one of the twins being Michelle's twin but with black hair. Yes, the wig was terrible and DJ falling for a cousin of hers where they walk around the table which means they got married much to Danny's horror. I love the words Danny said to that guy. "I will never die!" That is a great episode. Uncle Jesse also discovered he is married and the only for everyone to get divorce is to walk around the table, the other way.

      Delete
  2. This was a tough week which is why I went the Star Trek route. I almost went with General Hospital since every character must have lost their memory at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's true about General Hospital. I never watched that show but it's the single thing I know about it.

      Delete
  3. I picked The Sinner's first season as well.
    I have seen that episode of Black Mirror too. I don't remember much but I think she also repeats the day again and again not remembering anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! It's one of those episodes that I actually disliked at first, but then it grew on me.

      Delete
  4. Of your three I've only seen Full House and then only under duress because my nieces were watching while I was babysitting years ago!! I don't think I saw this particular episode though.

    This is both hard and easy. I'm sure almost every single comedy series has done an amnesia episode sometime during their run.

    The first three I could think of are The Nanny when Fran has amnesia and thinks she's married to Maxwell and ends up in the tub with him much to his initial horror. Then the Gilligan's Island when Mary Ann fell and woke up thinking she was Ginger (and cut all her gowns to fit....which miraculously were back to their original length the next week!) The third would be on Laverne & Shirley when Shirl falls down some stairs, forgets herself and believes she's a stripper named Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention that Laverne and Shirley episode, I think I've seen it! It rings a bell.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum