Review: Dream Scenario


Official Synopsis:
A hapless family man (Nicolas Cage) finds his life turned upside down when millions of strangers suddenly start seeing him in their dreams. When his nighttime appearances take a nightmarish turn, Paul is forced to navigate his newfound stardom.

It's rare as a chronically online movie blogger to go to a film in theaters without having viewed the trailer, but that's what happened to me with Dream Scenario. I'm sure I had heard of it at some point, but I went on my husband's suggestion and Nic Cage's name. I was not expecting to find one of the most interesting films of the year.

The film as a whole is about cancel culture and how it affects one person's life. I think the way Paul chooses to handle his situation, which is entirely not his fault will spark debate among viewers. At least it did with me and my husband. He was perplexed by Paul's wife Janet's (Julianne Nicholson) reactions. I had excuses because I had a different view on what Paul should've been doing with his new found predicament. It makes for a fun discussion.

Dream Scenario is weird, dark, and so funny at times. While there's some slight gore with the nightmares, the film doesn't take it a step further and show anything worse, which I was appreciative of. It's wildly entertaining and definitely worth your time.

Also, shout out to the casting team because I cannot believe the two girls play Cage and Nicholson's daughters are not actually related. Uncanny.

Grade: A-

Comments

  1. Glad you love this too, wildly entertaining indeed. One of my fave Cage performances and this guy is prolific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a clip of the film earlier today and I really want to see this more than ever. I love Nic Cage. I would watch him sit on a toilet while reading a phone book in a crazy way. I think he just loves acting and it's fun for him. No matter how bad things can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is a joy to watch, even those he's had plenty of misses in his filmography. I hope he keeps doing more stuff like this.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum